ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best panel filter?

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Evening everyone,

As it says, what's the best panel air filter i could get for a 182? Getting a bit fidgety with the one i have at the moment, and want to go back to panel.
Not too expensive ideally!

Thaaaanks

Clio 182 FF + Cup Packs
I`m gonna the KTEC pretty cheap and anyways lots of people saying air filters dont actually give much improvement over the standard.

So 20 odd quid is cheap for a punt.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
i wasn't looking for a huge improvement on performance or anything, just a generally better filter. though i do want it to give a slight grumble as my existing one does..

Clio 172 mk2
K&N or Green

Not convinced by ITG and their sticky/oily foam filters but they seem to be favoured by people on here

i wasn't looking for a huge improvement on performance or anything, just a generally better filter. though i do want it to give a slight grumble as my existing one does..

Generally a better filter?

To flow more air then you need bigger holes... Bigger holes more dirt getting through.

I would also always pick cotton over foam though as above.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
KTEC are doing a special offer on there OWN BRANDED panel filters. 22.99 posted. Looks in the others for sale section

RS RIP
do you know what Renault cup racers use ? Standard OEm paper filters. They filter best. Get some bigger Cafs up to your housing and you're done

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
personally I would use the cotton filters over any foam filter.. The Green ones are more expensive in general but are the best made from all I've seen seems as there is no rubber seepage(sp?) onto the cotton weave around the edges of the filter. I very much doubt this will make any noticable difference on the road over other cotton filters though

Black Gold Trophy
do you know what Renault cup racers use ? Standard OEm paper filters. They filter best. Get some bigger Cafs up to your housing and you're done

Really?

778075-6.jpg

I'd beg to differ! ;)
http://pistonheads.com/sales/778075.htm

M2 Competition
There are lots of different variations on which filters are used on the cup racers, and lots of different countries the racers are used in, with different specs in each.

It doesnt mean franx is wrong jack.

Black Gold Trophy
well I never said franx was wrong (strictly speaking) but it would appear that in most cases cup racers in this country (in my opinion where all the best motorsport teams are based) use open cone filters. The only reason the roadgoing clios have an airbox is to reduce the noise from the engine and to keep water out etc.

a thirsty one
well I never said franx was wrong (strictly speaking) but it would appear that in most cases cup racers in this country (in my opinion where all the best motorsport teams are based) use open cone filters. The only reason the roadgoing clios have an airbox is to reduce the noise from the engine and to keep water out etc.

heat soak is quite an issue on road cars with open cone filters, like the way the cup car pic you posted has got rid of the restictive bend by relocating battery etc and heat shielded the filter from the engine. looks mint.

in my opinion i have had an itg and k+n panel filters in the clio, my vote is for a k+n (no experience of the k-tec ones) i did rolling road power runs with an itg and few days later with a k+n, k+n slightly better sound and a good tight fit.
i wont post/compare the rr figures between the two as it was on different days etc and not really an accurate comparison.

we indeed DO NOT use paper filters on our cupracers the picture of jack davey is heads-on Standard on a cup racer is an open airfilter including two big carbon scoops one for braking and one for both braking and caf to the filter. The filter has a Renault number but insides tells their green. We did dome tests in performance and realy there is no big noticable improvement. On a 6 hrs. race of 24 hrs. race we are allowed to do what we want. We just hook up a standard Ph1 box, K&N in it and good caf. Runs the best for us...