ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best paint to use for calipers

Prep the caliper and clean with brake cleaner.

Then a few coats of Hammerite in the colour of your choice.

JOB DONE......

Clio Sport 172
Nice one. These caliper kits are a rip off arnt they!!!
Can you use the same paint to tart your engine up??

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Yes... But it depends on the quality of the finish you want to achive... Using Hammerite you will leave brush strokes... I'd spray them with a can... Dont use crapy Halfords paint... Its crap... Go to auto paint...

Ultra Red Clio 197
Yes... But it depends on the quality of the finish you want to achive... Using Hammerite you will leave brush strokes... I'd spray them with a can... Dont use crapy Halfords paint... Its crap... Go to auto paint...

Cheers... Just wanted to check! Ive always used auto-paint! spraying will be a bit of apain as it will all have to be well masked off but worth it for the finish! brush strokes wouldn't be great!

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Expect to pay just over £30 a can for the good stuff from Auto Paint... No primer/lacquer needed... Drys solid and is shiny as hell... lolz...

d6n

Ph2 172
i did the front ones on my 172 the weekend, just use meg APC, a wire brush and smooth silver hammerite!

i wasn't after anything fancy, they look pretty good, i'll get some photos up

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I used halfrauds caliper paint and brushed it on, took a few coats but looks pretty good!

Same I painted my engine Racing Blue ftw... No need in high Temp paint...

Looking good mate, am i guessing there was a fair amount of prepping and masking things off needed there and it took ages to dry ?
How many coats is that ?

No brush strokes on my calipers as i dabbed it on.
And yeah the Halfrauds paint is crap i ended up going to the ford garage across the road and ordering a big spray can from them for less than £15.

Expect to pay just over £30 a can for the good stuff from Auto Paint... No primer/lacquer needed... Drys solid and is shiny as hell... lolz...

Any links on that paint ?
Am i guessing the lacquer is mixed into the paint ?

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Yes its all about prepping... Thats the long part... Wire brush oil remover, then use panal wipe... Two coats is all it needed like I say the paint is s**t hot... 1st coat I left to dry for 3-4 days to harden then sanded of all the high spots... Then applied a 2nd coat to finish it off... The paint is from Auto Paint... I also used Carrier bags to mask of the hole engine bay, bumper and wings... Dont want overspray...

Like so...

I should realy do a thread about my car and the work I have done to it...