ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best MPG for a 172

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Just done a 240 mile round trip to Brands Hatch. mpg now sitting at 40.2 - cruising at 80mph 90% of the way.

jesus...omfg...if i cain it i can see 12mpg sometimes!!...ill be lucky if i can get 27mpg in a driving miss daisy mode

TDI tyre shreader

Turbos for u matey my dads T5 will get about 6mpg when booting it, have never seen my 172 below high 20s and get 40s on the m/way. it uses less fuel than my old 1.4 rallye!!!

Hope mine gets better with age, 700 miles old and averaging 35.2 on the computer, but 32.5 mpg when I worked it out myself. (Does the computer get more accurate?).

Was on Knockhill last weekend at the motorshow thing in an Astra Coupe Turbo - it was averaging 11.0 mpg cos the bloke driving it was doing demonstartions round the track all day!

Cup 172

I averaged 70.9 mpg over 1 mile after I filled up.;) Most Ive had on a substantial run of approx 200 miles is 48.5mpg.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

£35 to fill up on optimax from reserve. Will do 350 miles before reserve light comes on. Mainly motorway miles @ 75 mph and above ;)

I did a 145mile journey at the weekend averaging 96mph, on my private road of course, and got an average consumoption of 32.3mpg, not bad considering the highish rpm of the engine at that speed.