ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best mobile phone to get??

Clio 1.4 16v
heres the situation, i am due for upgrading on the 20th on jan, i spend near enough 60 notes a month with one number, so I can have pretty much any phone without paying.

I need to know which current phones are the best, just a couple of points

• needs to have a great quality camera
  • not so big that it pulls my kegs down
  • plenty of features
any suggestions welcome, can you please post a link to any pics there is, i know its a big ask but i havn't even thought of upgrading for 18 months so I don't know whats currently about

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
im due an upgrade soon too so gona keep an eye on this thread .... quite liking the samsung phones just now

Clio 1.4 16v
got my missus the D900, but tbh i'm not that impressed, the overall features are fairly good, but I hate the camera delay, press the button and youv'e got time to make a brew before the picture takes!!

Revels Mum & Sister
Nokia 8800 Scirocco. Makes calls and sends txts!

Looks better than ANY of the plastic Tat out there, WILL hold its value VERY well as well.

Clio 1.4 16v
what is the camera like?? had a k750i for 18 months, and the camera is not too shabby on that, would like to have an improvement on that. Ultimately would like to save having to buy a digital camera

Last edited:
  VRS
sony ericsson k800i 3.2megapixel cybershot camera, the quality build and features of the sony ericsson brand :)

i know so many people who have hd problems with the new nokias but i have always found sonys to be top notch

corsa c exclusiv
agree with makavelli, i have just got a k800i, and i love it, decent camera, and although it is not a music phone, the sound quality is very good. my friend has also got the new walkman, the w850i and he says it is a good phone also, think it has a 2megapixel camera, but better sound quality as it is a music phone. hope this helps ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got a nokia n93, i love it, its a bit big but the camera is wicked, pull it out in a pub and people go f**k thats big but then u show them what it can do and they all want it :D

its the rubix cube of phones lol

182 RB FF
sony ericsson k800i 3.2megapixel cybershot camera, the quality build and features of the sony ericsson brand :)

i know so many people who have hd problems with the new nokias but i have always found sonys to be top notch

3 of my friends had the K750i and all of them had problems with the joystick thing in the middle, by the end none of them work. and My girlfriends phone just died

VRS

3 of my friends had the K750i and all of them had problems with the joystick thing in the middle, by the end none of them work. and My girlfriends phone just died

ive never had problems and im on my 5th phone from the sony range
joysticks do sometimes get worn out easier if you play games etc all the time tho

Peugeot 207 GT THP
The SE K800i has the best quality camera of any phone on the market at present. It's also a really good phone with lots of other features. For a 3g phone it's also not that big and has really good battery life.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182

sony ericsson are actually the worst for breaking down and not working. samsung are the ones that hold up the best now and nokia have dropped to being behind samsung for build quality and reliability.

Clio 1.4 16v
I agree with all the comments of Sony-ericcson's breaking down, I am on my 7th k750i because everytime the joystick breaks, if the k800i is better build quality then i may get that, at the moment its a toss up between the N93 and the K800i.

Any other suggestions??

Octavia VRS
between a SE W850 or K800 for me. Had no trouble whatsoever with my W800 but did have my K700 recalled a couple of years ago.

Black 172 MK2
the new sony ericsons we havnt had many probs with them at all. The k800i is by far the best camera phone on the market for its value. Dont get the scircco its a piece of crap. It gets finger prints all over it, the camera is rubbish and the battery, well you may as well leave it in the charger. If you want a nokia then the n73 has the same camera as the n93 just the n93 is better at video recording and has optical zoom.

side note if you are paying £60pm i would look at anew contract as there are some really good ones out there now.

Clio 1.4 16v
Excellent, thanks for all the advice people, is the N73 a lot smaller??

and about the contract, i'm reducing to £35 a month, be a lot better

Black 172 MK2
n73 is smaller than the n93 yes. Updated software from the n70 so ALOT more stable. Who are you with atm and what are you getting in terms of mins and texts?

I've just gone from a Sony to a Samsung e*** something and I cant f**king work the text functions - it's crap compared the Sony!

VRS
the benefit of getting the k800i is that you get to facewarp all the pics of your mates and make them look like inbreds :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
the benefit of getting the k800i is that you get to facewarp all the pics of your mates and make them look like inbreds :D

:lolup: Excellent!

I am waiting for the Sharp 904. I have the 902 at the moment and I absolutely love it. It is a rather large phone though but the camera quality is really good as is the video capture. The 904 will have a 3.2 mp camera so I am expecting even better pictire quality and comes with loads of features. Don't think it has a 'facewarp' feature though. Booooooo. lol

The only problem with the 904 (not a problem for me) is that it is a Vodafone only phone. ~Shrugs~

On my second Sony Ericsson now, a w800i, had it now for a year and nothings gone wrong with it, starting to look abit shabby but never mind. Walkman function wore off after the first 3 months, haven't used it since, the ringtones are music quality and the 2mp camera is very good. Theres prob an evolution of this model now, so I will prob go for another when i upgrade, cos I can't be arsed to learn a new interface and I haven't had any problems with it. The joysticks only go on the older SE's.