ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best method, product and tools to clean my wheels.

CLIO PH1 172
hi guys

since putting my lenso wheels on my car iv only cleaned them twice, using AG custom wheel cleaner that I used to use on my old wheels.

I have now run out of AG cwc and my wheels need cleaning again. what would you guys recommend I use to clean them?

these are the wheels in question.

LENSO-BSX.gif

chromed outer lip that has what I think is a plastic coating, the spokes are also the same with a plastic type coating.

So my question is what would YOU use to clean and seal them. my old method of using a wash mitt is also no good as the spokes are to close together so im guessing im going to need a wheel brush as well, whats a good one?

thanks for the advice

adam

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That wheel brush is fine mate. The problem you'll have is the brush won't really make contact with the inners if you knwo what I mean because the holes are raised of the inside.

They would need to come off. Both are good buys and this... http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Bilbery_Safe_Wheel_Cleaner_2.html

All from i4d that way. Dilutes very well and should last a decent amount of time. I'd be using it at like 1:5 dilution or even try 1:10 to start with and see how you get on.

CLIO PH1 172
yes I have used bilberry before very good product, maybe I will go for some more of that then. and yes to do the wheels properly I would take the wheel off any way.

thanks for the help

I never wax my car but I think im going to start waxing the wheels. I have some collinite 476 that I brought ages ago. would you recommend sealing the wheels with this? and should i do any thing before waxing them ? apart from a seriously good clean with the bilberry ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Because of the kind of wheels they are then yes seal them with 476's. Then use a light car shampoo water mix plus your small brush to clean them after power washing them, mostof the dirt will come off with the PW.

Bilberry will strip the wax quicker. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would rewash then all get them spanking. Dry them then a quick hand polish with something. Do you have many polishes?

Cosworth Capri
I quite like chemical guys redberry wheel cleaner, seems to work really well without being acid. Something else you might like is a christmas tree type wheel brush, its by far one of the best things i have used for getting into the tight spots on wheels

+1 on the Bilberry brilliant.

I use PB wheel sealant very good and cheap maybe hard to apply to them wheels though.

Don't forget a tyre dressing to finish it off ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah use some P1 by hand then just seal with the 476 mate. Wash with a shampoo water mix. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No not at all mate. It's a kind of all in one polish so to speak. It'll work great by hand. :)