ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best laptop within budget?

G51 BEN
I am looking at getting a laptop and have a budget of £450.
i use it mainly for web surfing, storing pictures, watching videos/films and the odd game. I also do a bit of photo editing but not much.
i know I can afford an laptop with an i3 processor, but would you say it is definitely worth trying to fit an i5 in budget or is an i3 suitable enough for my needs? I kept my last laptop for 6 years and hope to do the same with this one.
ive also seen some AMD processors of a decent spec but I'm not clued up on these, would anybody recommend them against an i3 or i5?

Thanks

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Intel CPUs have considerably outstripped the performance of AMD CPUs, if I was shopping for a laptop I'd continue to buy Intel.

Few options really, I'd consider a second hand MacBook Pro on eBay as you can get a decent bit of kit for that money, especially if you do a bit of photo editing. Alternatively you could buy a cheaper brand new machine, the faster the CPU and the most memory you can get would be advisable. Can't really recommend any though I'm afraid!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Small bump.
How much did you pay for your Sony?

I'm looking at an i5 Dell, but have also seen Lenovo's for pretty good prices (sub £500 I'm looking at)

Only thing thats putting me off a lot of machines is Windows 8. A lot of bad reviews from what I've read saying its more suited to tablets.

Not keen on buying a second hand macbook, I want new ideally. Certainly can't justify a grand for a new one.

Any thoughts?

Small bump.
How much did you pay for your Sony?

I'm looking at an i5 Dell, but have also seen Lenovo's for pretty good prices (sub £500 I'm looking at)

Only thing thats putting me off a lot of machines is Windows 8. A lot of bad reviews from what I've read saying its more suited to tablets.

Not keen on buying a second hand macbook, I want new ideally. Certainly can't justify a grand for a new one.

Any thoughts?

Save on laptops dot com = bargains!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up getting a Dell Vostro for £303 + VAT (in the business section of the website)
Inter i5, 500gb drive, 4gb ram (bought another 4gb from crucial for £25), windows 8 pro.
Fast enough for me, 4 USB 3.0 slots, HDMI output, decent graphics card too.

Ended up getting a Dell Vostro for £303 + VAT (in the business section of the website)
Inter i5, 500gb drive, 4gb ram (bought another 4gb from crucial for £25), windows 8 pro.
Fast enough for me, 4 USB 3.0 slots, HDMI output, decent graphics card too.

That's really good could u link me please?