ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Laptop/PC with £500 budget

Saxo
Looking in getting something new the next few months after I found my laptop smashed up last week

Was looking into getting an new apple imac g5 as i think these look amazing but not to sure if they are any good as ive never seen one in the flesh

Need something that can be a games machine as well as something to use mostly for music/p**n/interest browing etc but can act as a games machine as well

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

172 Cup
Does that include a screen as well?

To be honest mate £500 is going to cut it for anything but the most basic of "games machine"

Saxo
Doesnt have to, I can always just buy the screen seperate or at a later date & just use our 38" widescreen for now

Thinking about it i dont think im really to rarsed about it being a games machine, just something that looks cooool and is reliable

I'd recommend looking at Dell's with that budget. I rate them quite highly for that sort of money - they do have some good offers on every now and again.

Saxo
Heard bad things about Dell

Some guy i used to work with said they use cheaper parts and thats why they have to be checked by their own people, hence the cheaper price as well

Dont know how much of that is true tho

I work with lots and lots of Dell equipment now.. servers, desktops and laptops, and they're always pretty good for the money.
Definetly wouldn't say they're any cheaper than equivilent priced products..