ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Internet providor?

Clio 182FF
Greets,

My Internet provider has got worse and worse (Plus.net) and the speeds are terrible now.

I am willing to spend upto £40 per month, must have a good down load limit and preferably some form of unlimmited off peak downloading.

Any ideas?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
If its just internet your after, you can not beat ZEN, for service. Best internet provider in UK.

Formally Clio 182
Well my favourite provider is BT Broadband.

In all these years i've used bulldog, wanadoo, sky and boltblue and BT has to be the best.

Imo we need a poll for this as there will be loads of different responses.

Clio 182FF
Aye, a poll would be good.

I run a gaming server so umlimmited (even if it is just off peak i.e. from 12 to 8am) is a must!

Monaro VXR
Aye, a poll would be good.

I run a gaming server so umlimmited (even if it is just off peak i.e. from 12 to 8am) is a must!

Be* - www.bethere.co.uk is what you need then.

up to 2.5 mbit upload and 24mbit download.

Upload is more important for a gaming server when working on it / running it as you probably know. Be also have no bandwidth restrictions to my knowledge at least in the years I have used it and clocked up ridiculous amounts of bandwidth I have never so much as got an email asking me to cut back.

Clio 182FF
Be* - www.bethere.co.uk is what you need then.

up to 2.5 mbit upload and 24mbit download.

Upload is more important for a gaming server when working on it / running it as you probably know. Be also have no bandwidth restrictions to my knowledge at least in the years I have used it and clocked up ridiculous amounts of bandwidth I have never so much as got an email asking me to cut back.

They look pretty good but have mixed reviews - the support looks terrible?

See:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/505.html?page=2

Monaro VXR
Old reviews mate. I phoned up once at 4am and got to speak to an English guy. Had my problem sorted in 5 minutes.

Clio 182FF
Well I've requested my MAC key from my old ISP, but bethere doesn't work in my area? Do they have their own exchanges or something?

dk

911 GTS Cab
i've been with bt for years now and they are very good. People slate them but i get through several hundred gigs a month and they have never complained.

Moving into a new flat in a couple of months though, need to decide between o2 or sky, getting sky HD so i'm thinking keep the internet with them too to make it easier, are they any good though? heard good things about o2 but like the idea of 1 cheaper bill from sky.

i've been with bt for years now and they are very good. People slate them but i get through several hundred gigs a month and they have never complained.

Moving into a new flat in a couple of months though, need to decide between o2 or sky, getting sky HD so i'm thinking keep the internet with them too to make it easier, are they any good though? heard good things about o2 but like the idea of 1 cheaper bill from sky.

If you can get Be/O2, then you'd be silly not to.
If you can't get Be/O2, then Sky LLU would be the second best (Easynet network FTW!)
If you can't get Sky LLU, or Be/O2, then, uh.. you'll probably end up with BT as you like them ;)