ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best headunit for £100?

Two 0 Shitx
I want a new headunit for my car as it currently doesn't have aux, but looking at them apparently you can get some that have bluetooth and you can play songs through it... Best to pay more for bluetooth or just go with aux?

Cheers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I bought one from Halfords last year.

£45 for a Sony Xplod cd, radio and auxiliary in. I've no complaints, I've got it fitted with the steering wheel controls in my Focus and it's spot on.

Two 0 Shitx
Its a christmas present im looking to get from halfords tomorrow.. Any reccomendations for their range?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Never understood why people use aux's.

if left on sight can give the impression there's an iPod in the glove box etc and the cable just gets in the way.

i have an 8gb memory pen full with songs, whack it in and off I go, happy days. Doesn't run my iPhone down on battery then either

SQ5
You can get a head unit with a flip down front that your iPod or iPhone slots into and is then hidden and connected.

Unsure who makes it though.

I'd stretch a little further and get the Pioneer DEH-8400BT.

I spent £180 on one of these from an ICE installer/retailer near me then a friend got one for about £150 online. 32 different colours for the display/buttons and the "Orange" makes it match the Clio's dash brilliantly.

Has SD card (upto 32GB), Bluetooth Audio, Bluetooth calls (mic included), 2 x USB inputs, and if you ever require it, an MP3/WMA CD Slot. Massive amount of inputs and a very capable headunit.

Over the moon with mine.

IMG_0366.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If I were you I'd just buy an aux cable and have it in the cup holder. Looks far more OEM.

i did it in my r27... Then apple changed the docking points lol so ill have to buy an adapter when I get an iPhone 5

If I were you I'd just buy an aux cable and have it in the cup holder. Looks far more OEM.

i did it in my r27... Then apple changed the docking points lol so ill have to buy an adapter when I get an iPhone 5

My Clio came with the stock headunit with an iPhone/iPod cable but due to Apple changing the connector, I had to change headunits! After I did, and got my iPhone 5, I still couldnt change tracks via the headunit. Appears the 8400BT needs a firmware update to do so, so I just bought an SD card and filled it with tracks. I was pretty miffed off I'd spent £180 to be back to square one!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I love using bluetooth. It works so well, and it means I don't have to fart around to do anything. Simply jump in, turn the ignition on, press play.

The sound quality is great, and you can skip tracks using the stereo/wheel controls.

Only downside is that if you turn the ignition off and then back on (for example when starting the engine), the connection is dropped so you have to wait about 10 seconds for it to reconnect.

I have a Sony MEX BT3600U, which is in your budget, has Bluetooth handsfree + music, aux, and USB.