ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best headphones for under £200?

Abarth 595
Sick of my beats now and want something new. Atm im leaning towards AiAiAi TMA-1s. They will be used for outdoor use so cant leak much sound and mainly used for Drum and Bass. Any other suggestions other than the TMA-1s?

Not a 320d
Beyerdynamic would be a good starting point to look at. For bass response and good mids/highs.

Something closed back.

dt770pro perhaps. Not the best looking, function over form and all that. Id sooner have some IEMs with a portable amp but thatll reach way over your budget for anything worthwhile.

CLICKY

So similar level of bass although these will have much better lows than your Dr Dre things.

Dont go over 30 ohm unless you plan to use an amp.

Reviews on the ones you mentioned over on head fi seem quite good however. Difficult to make a decision without trying them first.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Try looking for sony MRD XB700 bought them a few year ago but i bet they are still sold somwhere, they are by far the best headphones i have ever used.
they are so good for low end stuff so will suit drum & bass well. they are also the most comfortable things ever! iv worn them for a whole day solid and not one part of my ear ached.
The only downside really is they are MASSIVE but i still love em

Wesc Chambers premium? A good friend of mine got these for £50 down from £250. I think they're great.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
wheres all the peoples screaming BEATSSSSSSSSS

tbh i dont no much about headphones but i have a swanky set of vibe deathadders i think there brilliant but also listen to drum and bass never found a bad point yet altho they make you deaf and are huge might be in that section

UJA

172 & 2x Uno Turbos
Bit late, but I DJ DnB and I use Sennheiser HD25ii.

They are simply the best headphones IMO. Sturdy, well made, and sound great. Oh yeah.... and you don't look like a dick wearing "Beats" :/

Listerine & Poledo
Try looking for sony MRD XB700 bought them a few year ago but i bet they are still sold somwhere, they are by far the best headphones i have ever used.
they are so good for low end stuff so will suit drum & bass well. they are also the most comfortable things ever! iv worn them for a whole day solid and not one part of my ear ached.
The only downside really is they are MASSIVE but i still love em

This. They're like pillows for your ears and can as the drivers are so massive they genuinely produce decent low-end. That's the rub, much like car speakers, you need bigger drivers for lower sounds.

Also THESE, but possibly a bit delicate for using out and about.