ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best gearbox oil

R26
I own a Clio GT 1.6 16V 128PS, which has the same TL4 gearbox as the Clio197/200, though different gear ratios...

I'm experiencing very hard shifting when it's cold outside, plus after 26500 miles, some grinding in the 2nd and 3rd gear. Since the car is still under warranty I took it to the Renault dealer, and after a test drive the mechanic said it's probably worn out synchros and on Monday they will be taking it in and opening up the gearbox. They said they will replace only the synchros for the 2nd and possibly 3rd gear.

Due to the problems with synchros with only 26k on the clock (and I'm a gentle driver), I'd like to use this opportunity to put in a higher quality gearbox oil. The gearbox had NFJ 75W-80 oil in, thus far.

What would be a higher specs, top quality gearbox oil to put in?

derv biege barge
I have used castrol differential 75w 80, Currently running Millers gear oil 75w 80. Both have been fine in my 182.