ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best fitting aftermarket 182 exhaust?

LY 200
Im looking at the k-tec, yoz or blueflame really but open to others!

Iv heard that some can be abit of a b*****d to fit and need new mounts and plenty of messing about with but are there any that actually fit like for like?

Im swaying toward the KTR ultra supersports version as i dont need the car to be quite being a weekend runner but all the same dont want a decat - anyone had one of these and when they say they are loud are they actually too loud? I dont want poor old ladys going deaf because of it!

Cheers

Jay

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
BLueFlame was cack,

Yozzasport fitted well the OEM fixtures ruined it

182 Cup
Mine included the cat. I was under the impression they all did, but I have heard from another member that their's didn't and fitting problems followed from there though.

Mine was the loud version, theirs was the soft for info.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Blueflame's cack TBH. Riz's Yoz fitted well, but too loud for my gay ears. My 172 ktec fits poorly, no idea on the 182 system.

LY 200
I am swaying back toward the Yoz now - choices-choices!

When i take the dive on one which brackets should i look to get? The bracket listed on k-tec says there is 'another' bracket availible which i cant see listed at all!

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
AAS in newcastle, barron off here has one on his clio and so does his brother and they're both very happy with them.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
AAS in newcastle, barron off here has one on his clio and so does his brother and they're both very happy with them.

yep AAS are very good :)

they did a similar design to the orbisoud exhaust on bazzons 182 with custom brackets. Fits perfectly.

You can choose tailpipe/note etc and everything is custom made. No pre-made backboxes

carl

S2 106 GTI
Mine included the cat. I was under the impression they all did, but I have heard from another member that their's didn't and fitting problems followed from there though.

Mine was the loud version, theirs was the soft for info.

It was me! :) managed to get mine fitted perfect! it just never matched up to the cat correctly but a trip to prospeed sorted that out! got a custom decat made along with my cat being chopped up and better flanges put on....now fits 100% and sounds good.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
According to Steve kev, none of them fit properly.....

He's fitted plenty!!

My BTB was reet, Milltek shocking!!!

LY 200
video of an AAS exhaust

[YOUTUBE]8yXFcEs5YUs[/YOUTUBE]

That sounds a beaut but if its custom made i take it price reflects!?

Iv never heard of them so if someone could point me in the right direction to a web addy (via PM if need be) that would be a touch!

Cheers

Jay

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
I love that movie SOOOO much, The noise that car makes is immense.

No offence to yozza and such but i personally think AAS have some SERIOUS skills!

they're indeed very good, shame about the cracked weld on the tail pipe on Bazzon's ;) but no one's perfect!

they're indeed very good, shame about the cracked weld on the tail pipe on Bazzon's ;) but no one's perfect!

Not everyone gets it right though do they, yozza, k-tec, milltek........

No one is gonna be perfect at welding, i mean look how expensive that orbisound is and according to you it's like a full bag of aids with spanners thrown in for good measure.

I'd never pay that much for the orbisound if it's that bad, When i phoned up AAS before i was made redundant he quoted me £650 for a full custom system and a decat.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Not everyone gets it right though do they, yozza, k-tec, milltek........

No one is gonna be perfect at welding, i mean look how expensive that orbisound is and according to you it's like a full bag of aids with spanners thrown in for good measure.

I'd never pay that much for the orbisound if it's that bad, When i phoned up AAS before i was made redundant he quoted me £650 for a full custom system and a decat.

Bazzons was £500 but that was reduced as i got my 172 system (£320) and hutchie got his 1.2 system done at the same time

Bazzons was £500 but that was reduced as i got my 172 system (£320) and hutchie got his 1.2 system done at the same time

Was that with a de-cat? :O

I wish i had the money for one of their systems and with a lifetime guarentee how could you turn your nose up at it! :O

Bit loud for me. As if he nearly lost the back end on a slight bend.

Can't drive for toffee maybe?

If you read above you can have it as quiet or as loud as you want, you specify your requirements and as barron has stated there is no pre-made backbox. :D

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Was that with a de-cat? :O

I wish i had the money for one of their systems and with a lifetime guarentee how could you turn your nose up at it! :O

cat back system but they could do a decat for little money (quoted me £50 for a 172 decat, more complex than a 182 decat)

as said they ask how loud, what sort of driving etc you do. Bazzon's is a very quiet exhaust as he does alot of motorway miles. Mine is abit louder as i do less motorway miles.

carl

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Got mine booked in with AAS for a Cat back exhaust in July £525 fitting and fixtures can't wait - made to your own requirements.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Got mine booked in with AAS for a Cat back exhaust in July £525 fitting and fixtures can't wait - made to your own requirements.

good choice mate :) they still have a waiting list then?

carl

Another for AAS! :D

You reckon you could get some pics up of the system off the car and then fitted? I know july is far away but you know just for eye candy.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
That sounds a beaut but if its custom made i take it price reflects!?

Iv never heard of them so if someone could point me in the right direction to a web addy (via PM if need be) that would be a touch!

Cheers

Jay

http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

It's in the West end of Newcastle (Newburn) just to the left of the A1 as you cross the Tyne see map on website. About a six week waiting list though.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Another for AAS! :D

You reckon you could get some pics up of the system off the car and then fitted? I know july is far away but you know just for eye candy.

Not too sure which way these guys make the system whether it's constructed first then bolted on in one piece or in sections but will take some photos once fitted.