ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best finishing wax and sealent for wet look?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Going to de-swirl my car for the first time (gulp) and I am after for the best wax and sealant to give my Dark Blue a nice deep wet finish.

Any suggestions? Currently use autoglym polish, autoglym sealant, and megiuars nxt spray detailer.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
my vote always goes for collinites 476 or petes 53 for waxes, dont really bother with sealant especially when using the collinites.

AG SRP and EGP is very underrated as products, they stand up very well against the more expensive products.

I think you should stick with those and find a really good wax to finish with.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chap. So what order would i apply these in? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Clio 182ff
get yerself on cleanyourcar.co.uk - all the best stuff (polish and wax p**n) and you can even call them up for advice, good guides on there too.

Also, you get CS discount wit them :cool:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
get yerself on cleanyourcar.co.uk - all the best stuff (polish and wax p**n) and you can even call them up for advice, good guides on there too.

Also, you get CS discount wit them :cool:

Dont bother emailing them though, they never reply :(

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Wash --> Dry --> SRP --> EGP --> Wax :)

Those are the most basic steps :)

Thanks once again. Just want to make sure I have all the right bits ready and the final finishes in order after I have de-swirled the car as I might be a tad hacked off by that point!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Poor Boys Black hole + pete's 53 =

_MG_0490.png

i know the "black hole" isnt a sealent, but its a glaze and its ment to hind swirl marks which it does as that is what i call "the black swirl" and its in dier need of a MP

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
jeffs products is good, car comes up really nice after

also like the dodo juice

clio 182
Finish kare fk1000p for me, Tis cheap, you get loads, works wicked on alloys as well as bodywork, last ages and is a piece of cake to use.

It's a synthetic sealant rather than a wax but it really is good stuff.

Bumder With A Buffer
Depends what type of finish you want. You can get a nice wet look from using natty's blue paste wax (use that on my Monaco)

EGP is good but its not a very long lasting sealant IMO...Its good but I have since found other products. I also used Chemical Guys Wet Mirror fifnish a few times and that gave some pretty good results.

But nothing can help your car look its best other then a proper correction detail.

The finish is all down to prep work.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Sorry to hijack the thread but i recently, SRP'd then EGP'd the 182...

Now... should i give it a wax for more protection ? Or should i look for a spray sealant (zaino Z8 maybe :p ?) to top up the protection ? or should i just get a wax and QD ?

Sorry to hijack the thread but i recently, SRP'd then EGP'd the 182...

Now... should i give it a wax for more protection ? Or should i look for a spray sealant (zaino Z8 maybe :p ?) to top up the protection ? or should i just get a wax and QD ?

You can wax over the top of the EGP if you wish, personally I would give a wipedown with a spray sealant like Z8 or Dodo red mist after each maintenance wash, this will help to lay down some more protection and recharge the finish until it requires another sealant top-up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Black hole will always give a very wet look.

A glaze will give a wet look but not as much protection.

Not a 320d
All in the camera work i find. Real life, theres not a lot of difference between waxes for looks, more the durability side of things.

FK and Colly aint bad but id sooner invest in something worth while like supernatural.

ok sort a newbie to this sealant and wet look

ill follow the:

WASH - DRY - SRP - EGP - WAX (the wax part, is this the wet look part? if so any ideas whats beft for my albi blue 197? :) )

Not a 320d
Dont even have to wax after applying EGP if you dont want although ive applied collinite over it before.

If you want a mirror finish so to speak, youll have to invest a fair few quid, im talking hundreds, into detailing products. If not, be happy with your SRP/EGP combo. Itll do the job but it wont be as good as you might expect.

Bumder With A Buffer
You dont have to spend hundreds SRP...

Replace EGP with this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/chemical-guys-blitz-spray-sealant/prod_227.html

and stick a wax like this over the top

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/victoria-wax/victoria-wax-3oz-concours-wax/prod_312.html

Job done.

Price that up ;)

Orrrr

USe SRP then this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=494

Then maybe EGP or

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/chemical-guys-blitz-spray-sealant/prod_227.html

If you wanted an even wetter look whack a wax on like this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/clearkote-yellow-moose-wax/prod_285.html

You'd be surprised what you can do with soooo little.