ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best exhaust system for mk1?

1.4 clio s maxim
Alright folks......... Been looking at a different few and I'm quite fond of the mongoose system but anyone else got any ideas?

williams and trophy
powerfow, scorpion, devil...list is endless tbh mate.

all the quick ones run powerflows tho.....1 branch in particular. ;)

If it's a 1.4 Mk1 then you'll probably be limited on what you can get off the shelf as it's not a 'performance' model? Although I'm only guessing so may be wrong lol

If I'm right, custom job might be the only option.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Powerflow is only a brand at the end of the day, its the garage thats doing the work which is what it balls down to, ive seen some dire systems from certain Powerflow branches but at the same time ive also seen some awesome ones. You cant just tar them all with the same brush, lol. Narrow minded much.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
exactly Greeny, the guys in the Burnley branch have been around ages and their system are top quality. My only gripe would be that they are a little too loud for me these days, but then every aftermarket system tends to be like that anyway, especially 2.5" ones.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
To be fair I can only comment on the ones I have seen, like the one that came on one of my fives, crushed bends, shite welding etc

ITB'd MK1
right about the different garages doing different quality jobs, but they still use substandard materials. I worked for them for a short period (Top Gear) and walked out as the whole thing was a joke. EVERY afternoon is assigned for warranty work FFS

Audi TT 225 Quattro
mongoose are pretty good for the mk1's, they are an absolute b*****d to get to fit right and not bang on the rear beam but once done should be perfect, Ive had mine fitted to the car for at least 5 years now and it hasn't fallen off yet:D

williams and trophy
right about the different garages doing different quality jobs, but they still use substandard materials. I worked for them for a short period (Top Gear) and walked out as the whole thing was a joke. EVERY afternoon is assigned for warranty work FFS

mines been fitted 7+ years now. take it back once a year to get the garauntee book signed...thats it.....no problems to report.

williams and trophy
Anything stainless is for chavs. Mild steel fits better and has better exansion qualities for a fast car.

stainless is for chavs??? lmao.

how you work that out?? fits better......errrr..no it doesnt.

and what exactly is exansion?? is that the chav spelling of expansion??

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
So why is it for paupers if you have to replace the system every year? Surely that costs more and means its for rich people?

Please explain the contradiction.

Are you drunk?

I dont drink.

It's not a contradiction, I also just felt like making a generalised sweeping statement ;) Most people live for the now and dont see the long term picture, so why spend more now when a cheap botch job will suffice?

Front end on Williams 0002 is a good example of a cheap quick fix. Looks reasonable from a distance, but on closer inspection it's covered in overspray. Next best example is buying 6 months tax instead of 12. Cheaper now, more expensive in the long run. Mild steel exhaust, cheaper now, more expensive in the long run.

There are sh!t loads of systems for the Mk1's, boils down to choice, but my Powerflow is 8+ years old and is absolutely fine. There's loads of other good systems out there too, I just had a good experience with the one made by the lads in Burnley, so feel they deserve a mention.

1.4 clio s maxim
I see this thread has been as useful as a floppy in a ***** house! so is powerflow and mongoose the best recommend systems?

ITB'd MK1
well i'm impressed with my Janspeed. Good sounds, no knocking on the axle like the mongoose normally does, and friendly on the wallet. Piper system for a mk1 is really nice too

Peugeot 308
Had a powerflow on my 1st car (mk1 clio rt :D ) was a real nice system, had it fitted with a 3.5" outward rolled tip.

williams and trophy

again....depends on the outlet. the only warranty work carried out on mine in 8 years its been fitted is the yearly once over check needed to keep the warranty going.

seems like you choose some really s**t places to work.....lol