ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best exhaust for the 182?

LY 182
Basically my exhaust is in a bad way and need a replacement pretty sharpish. I just want peoples opionion on the best exhaust.
it needs to
look the part
sound the part
Pukka fitment

I don't want it too loud, want it to be quiet poodling around and when give some throttle it really opens up. Would have decat but don't want the errors on the dash.

Pictures and opinions maybe videos would be superb. Cheers!

Listerine & Poledo
Renault standard part:

look the part - yes
sound the part - yes
Pukka fitment - yes

CursedTitanium 182FF
It's all down to the user really, but I do like the noise of my Miltek now I have it sorted.
Standard Miltek with the centre silencer removed & the CAT mod done.

Miltek system
355.jpg

Centre Pipe replacment
MilltekClio182NonResCentrePipeMSRN106repN1.jpg

CAT mod
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ncer-(video)&p=7462072&viewfull=1#post7462072

I personally like my Scorpion RS192 - slightly bigger pipes, nice sound whilst on full chat, but pretty quiet the rest of the time.

RB182cup&golf gti
I personally like my Scorpion RS192 - slightly bigger pipes, nice sound whilst on full chat, but pretty quiet the rest of the time.

I have this catback exhaust and it is great, however the pipes are not quite even at the back as one comes out slightly more than the other and it bugs me!

Listerine & Poledo
lol

Pretty sure they're not actually as bad as this place likes to make out.

Mind, I haven't had a 182, but my 172 box did give up.....when it was 9 years old

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Renault standard part:

look the part - yes
sound the part - yes
Pukka fitment - yes

not sure if srs?

Look the part? of what, a pea shooter?

And Milltek, fit the part? Now i love the sound and look of mine but it IS built such that it sits 10mm too far right. Sockets in the exhaust hanger sorts it but does not fit the OP's bill.

Scorpion or K-tec mate.

CursedTitanium 182FF
And Milltek, fit the part? Now i love the sound and look of mine but it IS built such that it sits 10mm too far right. Sockets in the exhaust hanger sorts it but does not fit the OP's bill.

Don't know how you've fitted yours, but mine fits fine no sockets needed, just fitted correctly.

LY 182
I'm not sure if I like that? I prefer an exhaust to have a nice rasp. That's a very deep note or my iphone speaker is sh*t which is more than likely and making it sound crap

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Rick, how long can you wait? You're best off going to a meet, where if there's more than a dozen members, it's more than likely there will be 3 or 4 different types of exhaust, including the popular ones like Yozza, Scorpion and Milltek - I don't think videos really do it, it's hard to compare.

LY 182
Rick, how long can you wait? You're best off going to a meet, where if there's more than a dozen members, it's more than likely there will be 3 or 4 different types of exhaust, including the popular ones like Yozza, Scorpion and Milltek - I don't think videos really do it, it's hard to compare.

I can wait mate I will just need to paste/bodge up the exhaust where it just seems to be leaking from all angles lol