ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best exhaust for performance

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
you asked for perforamce in the opening post! Then again the Yozza is based on the SuperSprint. Guess I was right from teh start ;)

Ph-Quick
Yeah performance - but I don't have 1k to spend on an exhaust! VFM and sound come into it too, the main thing is that it is 2.5" and mandrel bent - both of which the yozza have. I looked into the supersprint but the oval tailpipe put me off it! If the yozza is based on it then you were right!

Paul

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
yozza is based on the supersprint race system which is no longer in production

Fred, you are correct that the Supersprint race system is no longer available but there was hardly anything special about it. It was only classed as a "race" system as it was a larger bore than their standard system, they also had an optional 70mm decat pipe. It was 2.5" bore with a straight through silencer and very loud. Drop a 2.5" diameter ball in one end and it should come out of the other end, this can be done with quite a few system on the market that are all a little easier to live with.

I am not slating anyones product here but I just to point out that just because someone like Supersprint puts the word "race" in the desciption of their exhaust does not mean it is therefore better than any other exhaust of a very similar design and bore size.

David.

Lionel Richie
there were infact 2 race systems from Supersprint David, a 63.5mm and a 70mm

i'm sure supersprint aren't struggling for customers, only one of the best exhaust manufactures on the plannet!

just because an exhaust is 2.5inch all the way through doesn't mean its as good as another make that is 2.5inch all the way through

i won't bore you with the details as these are "only clios" we're banging on about here, but if you know what you're doing, exhaust design does become a very complex factor. Size changes etc etc all play a part, different length exhaust manifolds with different size collectors etc on NA can show 20bhp differences (this is top end race stuff i'm on about)

But they are talking about a poxy exhaust you bolt onto a clio....no manifold changes, no altering of exhaust routing, length, silencer position etc etc.

Mass manufacture, off the shelf exhausts are never going to be great........why? Because the mass market only look at one thing....price. And so long as you say it makes 10bhp, even if it doesnt....it'll sell.

Even racers run some real tat because it really doesnt matter that much.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
But they are talking about a poxy exhaust you bolt onto a clio....no manifold changes, no altering of exhaust routing, length, silencer position etc etc.

Mass manufacture, off the shelf exhausts are never going to be great........why? Because the mass market only look at one thing....price. And so long as you say it makes 10bhp, even if it doesnt....it'll sell.

Even racers run some real tat because it really doesnt matter that much.

Thank you Ben, we are talking about a 2.5" bore cat back system that follows the path of the OE system. I have yet to see anything really radical that is any different to what is currently available that warrants the term "race exhaust".

David.

bored of clios ben ;)

no, bored of people wanting the earth for tuppence.

The last custom system i had made cost £2300 inc manifold, is a proper 'race' system and kicks the s**t out of anything i've ever seen posted here quality wise. But it did kick the s**t out of my customers wallet.

what would the gains be on a £2300 system? I guess it would have to be more than your cam/inlet/remap package, but would be good for people who have already got cams, bodies, turbo or whatever and cant get anymore power without serious messing around. Did you design it?

Its not on a clio, its on a fiesta with a JWRC S1600 cylinder head and ITB setup and a 2ltr F3 block.

Previously making 257bhp, now making 273.

I specified the manifold lengths, diameters, stepdown size, point of step down and we had a specific bore size for the system made up, so that added alot to the cost.

Previous system was 2.25" in diameter though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Off Topic Slightly - Did the Angelworks 182 Exhaust ever get Completed???

It was completed, but there was no way i could sell any at the retail price of £1300 it would of cost.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
If it would make a 10-15 Genuine Bhp I reckon you would sell a few, Would it be Mainfold-Sports Cat/Decat - Cat Back System

People pay £1550 for the Cam Package from GDi which on gives about that.

You dont get 10-15bhp lol, there isnt that much available in a stock exhaust replacement. We saw 7 peak bhp gains and the majority of the work was done to increase torque and area under the graph.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
What about a batch run?

The BTBs were only 6bhp improvement with a decat, £1100 each or £500 for a batch of ten, could you not do the same?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Could be very interested if you could get a Batch made up, I've got a magnex on mine and its doing my head in