ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Exhaust for a Williams?

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Williams exhausts. I want a nice exhaust (possibly just backbox?) to sound a bit raspy. What's the best exhaust for performance? What's the best exhaust for sound? :p Any help/comments are much appreciated!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Dont know what the best is but ive got a Magnex full system on mine. Sounds pretty nice, would be nice if it was a bit quiter but its bareable. Nice small backbox too so doesn't look to stupid.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
popular are mongoose and magnex, both are a bit droney rather than raspy though and imo the mongoose tailpipe is too big, the magnex looks much better on the car.

if you want noisey/raspy then a scorpion or even if you feel v brave an oreca will do the job ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I have a Magnex backbox on mine. Looks OEM, and sounds fantastic; not too loud but makes burbles on the over-run.

/chav.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Mongoose if you want to sound like a tank can hear it coming for about 2 miles :D and it will knock like mad on the rear beem unless you fit it perfectly
I run one on the dimma lol

The williams currently has a scorpian and its a nice sound, not to loud and no drone on the motorway
I like the Janspeed too, played with one on the cup car and it gives a very nice note with out drone.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Yeah I thought about a Magnex i've heard they're very good for performance as well as sound. Is it worth getting the full system or can I/should I buy just the magnex backbox? Yeah I definitely want something that isn't too big as it looks stupid, and also something without a huge backbox! I'm very tempted by the Oreca exhaust (is that the same as OMP Group N?) I LOVE the rally exhaust sound. :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Here's how the Magnex looks on my 16v mate:

7951629482_5268ac3687_z.jpg

Might get a vid of the sound for you later :)

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Looks very nice! The standard exhaust tip is much too small haha! Is that a 90mm tailpipe? A vid of the sound would be very much appreciated :D. Very nice looking car mate I must say. I'm tempted to buy a 1.8 16v one day to play around with, as I want to keep the Williams standard engine wise! I've heard these 16v's are 140~ ish BHP? They surely cant be far behind the Williams in acceleration and throttle response etc? And btw get some silver Williams Wheels!!!!!!!!!!