ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Engine cleaner ?

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
I wanna get into the nooks and crannies etc of my engine as well as trying to make it look a bit neater!

best pic of my engine bay i have so far

11224579_10155829524930151_7589740209986537885_n.jpg

Spray apc onto a cold engine. Agitate with brushes and mitts. Rinse at a low pressure ie not a jet wash. Turn on engine to aid drying. If you're worried about electrics (it's a Renault so most would be...!) cover these in cling film or plastic bags. Same if you have an open cone filter.

Metals and paint work can be polished in the usual fashion. Runners and plastics can be treated in the usual fashion.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Don't go anywhere near the fusebox area otherwise you'll be asking for trouble.

As JD says, start the car after you've finished to aid drying. A blow dryer or airline will help to get water out of the tigher areas.

If any electrical connectors do get soaked, a squirt of WD40 will drive the water out.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome thank you :) I went over the inside of the bonnet with some meguiars QD, how do i go around getting the black heat thingy off? the black clips wont undo!

11659392_10155892888980151_1167244440430226526_n.jpg