ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best engine and model for fuel economy

corsa ecoflex
Right then...At the mo i have a 4x4 that currently does about 20mpg which is hitting my pocket really bad as i have a daily round trip of 50 miles,so im gonna downsize back to a clio..it doesnt need to be brand new but needs to have a reliable and very economical engine to run..so whats the best model to get,i was looking at a dci but was told that they werent very reliable and had issues with glow plugs..
....what would you suggest.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If it's just for commuting why don't you get yourself a citroen C1 (or any other of the Marques variants).

Will do 60mpg all day long, only £25 a year road tax and the tyres are about 20p, as is the servicing.

No brainer really for all out efficiency.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
my dad has a volvo v70 and he will get 70mpg on the motorway, if it is MPG you want, it also goes pretty quick(not 1*2 fast) but still pretty quick for a big estate car. he will also get 60MPG with kayaks on the roof and a boot full of camping stuff on a motorway.

FF182.
my old mk2 dci would get between 56 and when my dad drove it, 80mpg LOL £35 a year tax and cheap as chips to insure etc....

Although mines completed failed in so many areas and ended up being a non-runner!

but apart from that :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
It's not worth getting a 1.2 / 1.4 IMO. The fuel economy isn't a whole lot better than a 1*2.

It'd be a diesel for me.

DCi 100
My DCi 100 is 30 quid a year tax, more for me to insure than the 1.2 seeing as I'm 18. But does 55-60mpg just pootling around. It's hardly slow aswell!

Haven't heard of any glow plug issues tbh. Haven't had a problem with mine yet but only had it 2 months so barely any time!

172/vx220t/m135i
Right then...At the mo i have a 4x4 that currently does about 20mpg which is hitting my pocket really bad as i have a daily round trip of 50 miles,so im gonna downsize back to a clio..it doesnt need to be brand new but needs to have a reliable and very economical engine to run..so whats the best model to get,i was looking at a dci but was told that they werent very reliable and had issues with glow plugs..
....what would you suggest.

Steer clear of a clio if you want reliability!

Discounted 1*2 parts
got to be the DCI 80. Ours averages 70mpg and can see 85mpg on a decent run. £35 a year road tax and dirt cheap insurance is also a bonus.

And not to jinx it but it hasn't really put a foot wrong in 90k :) (touch wood)