ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best decat pipe for BTB exhaust

Vw Passat, clio 182
hi folks,
I've got a 182 with BTB exhaust system. what's the best decat pipe for it? I've done a search and found Yozza ones are best fit. Any others i should consider?
Thanks

Astra coupe t, nova
I would like to know same question but for a ph1 172. I don't want to buy a yozza after reading the problems people have had. BTB are a great company too:)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I would like to know same question but for a ph1 172. I don't want to buy a yozza after reading the problems people have had. BTB are a great company too:)

I ran a k-tec unsilenced de-cat with my BTB on my Ph1, ran perfectly and definately made a power improvement

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Hi spanish, RE the 172 decat, BTB themselves now have a jig for assembling a 182 cat fitup to the 172 mani. I'm pretty sure they'd happily weld in a straight section if you asked them to.

If I were after a decat, I'd certainly be going to BTB for it-personally I wouldn't bother with the ktax offering.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hi spanish, RE the 172 decat, BTB themselves now have a jig for assembling a 182 cat fitup to the 172 mani. I'm pretty sure they'd happily weld in a straight section if you asked them to.

If I were after a decat, I'd certainly be going to BTB for it-personally I wouldn't bother with the ktax offering.

Unless you've experienced the k-tec first hand I wouldnt comment

The k-tec did everything it said it would, created a noticable difference, didnt make the BTB raspy at all, a very nice tone for day to day use, definately go de-cat, no chance would I be paying BTB prices for there hybrid sports cat

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
A decat is a decat. Does what it says on the tin... Wouldn't get overly caught up on type! Your local exhaust shop will make one for 40-50 sheets.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Unless you've experienced the k-tec first hand I wouldnt comment

The k-tec did everything it said it would, created a noticable difference, didnt make the BTB raspy at all, a very nice tone for day to day use, definately go de-cat, no chance would I be paying BTB prices for there hybrid sports cat

Care to elaborate on why I shouldn't comment or express my opinion Chris? It was my perosnal opinion hence why I said 'personally' I wouldn't wish to run their de-cat.

I assume from your comments you must have 'first hand experience' of the BTB hybrid sports cat on a 172?

Not everyone wants the ball ache of having to swap out and reseal the 172 gooseneck arrangement come MOT.

172 cup TT
just do what i did and call BTB saying you want another piece of pipe so-and-so in length with flanges to replace the cat.. as ali said, a decat is a decat.. They probably have all the measurments there anyway for a 182... cant remember how much my bit of pipe was, £40 quid, dunno now...

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
A decat is a decat. Does what it says on the tin... Wouldn't get overly caught up on type! Your local exhaust shop will make one for 40-50 sheets.

This man speaks the truth.

It's laughable these days how people get sucked in by marketing.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Decats do effect how your exhaust sits though.

The KTR one for example makes your exhaust sit flush with the bumper while the YS one makes your exhaust stick out of the bumper. But yeh, its only a metal pipe.

Astra coupe t, nova
erm what problems???

The problems with ordering and stuff. I know JP exhausts are good as they did a lot on my mates nova. However in the Vauxhall scene a company started off doing exactly what Yozza did on the group buy, and went bust. Companies stopped giving them credit and he had to sell to pay for outstanding orders. In the end he went bust leaving around £2000 worth of payments with no parts for the buyers.
Not saying it will happen but I prefer to not chance it, at least with BTB I've used them before (there Manifold on my nova).
Also that said if you were to have a decat in stock I would buy it from you, it's not the brand i'm against, just the way the business seems to be run.

Astra coupe t, nova
just do what i did and call BTB saying you want another piece of pipe so-and-so in length with flanges to replace the cat.. as ali said, a decat is a decat.. They probably have all the measurments there anyway for a 182... cant remember how much my bit of pipe was, £40 quid, dunno now...

I spoke to them today as I ordered my exhaust. They said it's not something they do however if there is interest they would make some on the shelf. The ph1 clio is in there tomorrow and they'll do some measurements:)