ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best company for insuring 172cup? aged 21 3nc

wondered who any young cup drivers have insured with and how much for just turned 21, 3 no claims direct line was £860 i believe best ive found yet??..

was also wondering if there was any companies who would allow me 3rd party cover on other cars with comprehensive insurance so i can run my dads once a week for him too? or am i too young to recieve that still?

thanks stu

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be happy to pay that tbh... i've just been quoted on a 172 exclusive (not sure if that bumps the price up?) and the cheapest was £1500 for fully comp... (its currently £1100 on my vts)

I'm 27, been driving 18 months with 1 years ncb.

As for the 3rd party? I get that with my fuly comp, allowing me to drive anyone's car with their permssion. Though it was the norm on comp policies?

yeh i think its normal but not sure if you have to reach a certain age a few people have told me i have to be 25, not sure if thats true? and apparantly alot of companies have stopped doing this in there insurance also so im unsure.

106 GTI
Most insurance companies now dont offer it to over 25s either, id read your policies to check.
Most give the option though of paying slightly more..

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
ive always went with admiral when i was 21 i got my 172 and it was like 850 a year 3 years later it was 680 a year so i think for me they done the job nicely but its wierd that every1s diffrent!

Rusty Cup
Best quote ive had this time round, 100 squid cheaper than most ive seen

quote838801.png

walker182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Nice one, I just checked direct line saved me over 300 quid once im 21 in june with 3ync :D

Shdhdhd
£750. Direct line. 21 3yr no claims. I'm happy with considering I took out an £1800 policy for not shopping around

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Churchill have just come up trumps for me, £530 fully comp at 22 with 3 years ncb, HIC came back with £560, direct line, who ive been with 4 years, £980 !!

Lou

This time around it's Bell Direct for me - £372, 5yrs no claims, 25yo, plus protecting no claims and using car for business! Next closest was nearly double!