ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best coils for 1.2 mk2 ph1??

Ph1 Sport
wanting to get some coilovers for my car now as is sitting far too high which are the best quality for price?

Lookin to order some now or whatever so please let us know.

Cheers baz,

S13
If your car is the same bolt spacing as mine then I had to get Spax on the front and FK on the rear as FK don't sell 52mm bolt spacing coils.

No doubt Edde will be along in a moment to say 'don't buy Spax they're rubbish', but I've had no problems at all with mine, fully adjustable and not too harsh a ride.

matt has fk's on his mk2 ph1 1.2 if im not mistaken, and dont think he had problems, but not sure

Ph1 Sport
my clio is a 1999 the coils on rimstyle say up to 98? does that mean the spacin will be out ill measure tommorow and get back to ya's.

how much do these cost on average to be fitted?

RenaultSport 172.
fit them yourself...not to difficult tbh ...

id go FK. avoid gaz as theyre a very harsh ride !

FOR SALE!!!
not hard to fit the money is getting them setup proper but as its only a 1.2 no point in paying for it and your after 98> but as fred said it depends what ya hole spacing is on my mk2 ph1 1.2 grande its 54mm spacing but this can chance from car to car so best to mesure proper as i order a apex 60mm kit and got it worng and lost money on them so messure twice order once lol

wanting to get some coilovers for my car now as is sitting far too high which are the best quality for price?

Lookin to order some now or whatever so please let us know.
Best price vs quality if you want to change would be FK's
fk highsports, cheapest and its all you will need for a 1.2
Its worth spending money on any cars suspension regardless of engine it has.
No doubt Edde will be along in a moment to say 'don't buy Spax they're rubbish', but I've had no problems at all with mine, fully adjustable and not too harsh a ride.
Yep I'll be alone as you said I had mine for ages and they were poor.
not hard to fit the money is getting them setup proper but as its only a 1.2 no point in paying for it and your after 98> but as fred said it depends what ya hole spacing is on my mk2 ph1 1.2 grande its 54mm spacing but this can chance from car to car so best to mesure proper as i order a apex 60mm kit and got it worng and lost money on them so messure twice order once lol
Itw orth spending money getting the suspension in any car good if the jobs worth doing its worth doing right or not at all.

Ph1 Sport
ok i think ive measured it right i took a pic and would i be right in saying it is 45mm? and does that mean fk highsports are ok to get for my clio??

DSC01101.jpg

Clio 1.4 16v
ok i think ive measured it right i took a pic and would i be right in saying it is 45mm? and does that mean fk highsports are ok to get for my clio??

DSC01101.jpg

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

golf
no its not on the hub
the suspension strut, the two bolts that join it onto the hub you can see one of them at the far left of the pic by the looks of it

Ph1 Sport
well im off in the morning so ill have another look, are the fk highsports adjustable at rear and front?

golf
the two bolts above the hub on the suspension strut, straight infront of you, you cant miss them.

and yes they are both height adjustable but not damper adjustable

Ph1 Sport
hmm all this is confusing lol, never knew buying suspension would be so picky

i dont even know what to get now

The SPAX RSX kit sounds the best buy? as stainless and hieght and dampening adjustment with a 2 year garentee?

Ph1 Sport
its £450 so thats £25 for stainless steel and a 2 year garentee? there kits come in 52mm spacing and 58mm

golf
ok, my bolt spacing is 54 i think and its a 1.2 grande...

surely the fks are stainless??

Last edited:
  Ph1 Sport
i dont think the highsports are lol and i have a 1.2 grande too but it doesnt say about the spacing for the fk kits

golf
yea il find out when i order my highsports.

Id measure your spacing before ordering the spax as i think mine is 54mm and as you said they do there kits in 52 and 58 and we have the same car

Ph1 Sport
ive got tires coming tomorow for my alloys that came other day and dont want to put them on till new springs come haha

ill measure 2moro and prob just buy highsports 2moro too i want them on asap lol..

you fitting your own springs?

golf
me and my dad did, not difficult if you have the kit, theres a guide on fubar.net, took us about 2.5 hours half of that time was just compressing a decompressing the springs.

Ph1 Sport
right im off to bed i think ill ring them in the morning to find out the spacing b4 i buy. cheers for ya help mate speak 2moz

Ph1 Sport
been and re-measured the bolts and got the right ones this time and they are 52mm center to center. this means the spax kit will fit but fk dont give there spacing measurements..

i might just buy the spax as they come with a 2yr garuntee?

what you guys think

The SPAX RSX kit sounds the best buy? as stainless and hieght and dampening adjustment with a 2 year garentee?

There rubish IMO the warently is desiratly needed as they fail so much and are to stiff a setup.

If only you had done a search though its been said before.

If I were you I'd send them straight back under the law and get a better setup.

Ph1 Sport

There rubish IMO the warently is desiratly needed as they fail so much and are to stiff a setup.

If only you had done a search though its been said before.

If I were you I'd send them straight back under the law and get a better setup.

i only have a 1.2 so i would be setting it up often and why do they always fail? plus i had heard this thats why i thought atleast with 2 years warranty its a backup incase it goes wrong?

golf
mate dont worry as you said its only a 1.2 so A the engines lighter so they will be under less strain and B you will hardly be thrashing it.

And yes you get a 2 year warrenty so you can just send them back etc

i only have a 1.2 so i would be setting it up often and why do they always fail? plus i had heard this thats why i thought atleast with 2 years warranty its a backup incase it goes wrong?
They have a warently as a selling point plus there so badly desinged they need to be changed all the time IMO they investment in them was very poor.
mate dont worry as you said its only a 1.2 so A the engines lighter so they will be under less strain and B you will hardly be thrashing it.
How will they be under less strain? I'm completly comfused how they can be what do you mean?