ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best clutch for hybrid.

valver engined r5.
finally after 2 track days and 2 trips to santa pod i finally killed the clutch(gearbox went bang as wel) so which is the best clutch to get and where from.

had a look at the k-tec 1 and it seems the best so far, anybody know of anything better.

Lionel Richie
helix (same as k-tec sell)
alcon although i'm not sure if there's an alcon for your fitment

we sell both

53 Clio's & counting
i had a std renault in my old hybrid,that had 15k of santa pod and road driving,then martin got hold of it lol,and from what i hear its still on that clutch now,so std ones cant be too bad?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
the heavy duty valeo one is what most people use,i've got one and it seems fine so far,GSF sell them

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
i had a std renault in my old hybrid,that had 15k of santa pod and road driving,then martin got hold of it lol,and from what i hear its still on that clutch now,so std ones cant be too bad?

i had a new clutch when i had the gearbox changed....old one looked ok though

53 Clio's & counting
really mate? last time i took the box out b4 i sold to ya i was thinkin bout another clutch,but when it came out it was like new lol

53 Clio's & counting
box was a 16v box mate and it was 151 bhp @ the wheels iirc,did 0-60 in 5.72 and quarter in 14.1@99mph, and hit the limiter in 5th from a standing start (approx 144mph) in 29 secs. was a beast

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
box was a 16v box mate and it was 151 bhp @ the wheels iirc,did 0-60 in 5.72 and quarter in 14.1@99mph, and hit the limiter in 5th from a standing start (approx 144mph) in 29 secs. was a beast

twas a beast I did a 5.2 0-60 at york and a 13.89 sqm

53 Clio's & counting
So wat was done to the engine and did u have many problems wit the box.

the engine was rebilut to std spec by the hands of nick hill ( www.hillpower.co.uk ) and had a hill power induction kit, supersprint exhaust manifold (this was meant for a 1.8 16v) de cat,ashley exhaust system, lightened flywheel and a stage 1 hill power re map,the box was great,but after approx 30k it blew 2nd gear syncro,i spoke to nick who said it shouldnt have done it,and would have been a prob with the box,and could get renault to look at it for me but i was selling her by then and martin came along..... ;)

twas a beast I did a 5.2 0-60 at york and a 13.89 sqm

i didnt realise you beat my 0-60 time in it too mate! lol