ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best budget digi cam

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive now sold mine and am in need of a replacment ...Ive got about £150 to spend so not much.

I asked on here ages ago but still hadnt shifted mine and was told the ixus 65 is the best to get in my range.

Is this still the best camera in my price bracket?

Also does this have wide angle?

Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
if you can stretch another few quid...

Fuji finepix S6500FD

superb camera for ££££!!! approx £190

Jeez that looks like a serious bit of kit for £190

Thanks matey

Anyone else have any others they recommend?

Last edited:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Is this S6500FD an easy ish camera to use ....point and click sorta thing its just my dad will be using it and is not technically minded at all.

Thanks

Is this S6500FD an easy ish camera to use ....point and click sorta thing its just my dad will be using it and is not technically minded at all.

Thanks

Listen mate, If I can use it ANYONE can!! ill find some pics and show U... gimme 10 mins.....

Here you go mate, Ive left the images original size as they left the camera apart from the Car pic, the plates been photoshopped out. (but still same size)

Ive not had it long so not got to grips with all the features yet. but its simple enough to point and shoot and get a decent pic.

they are pretty large! so bare with it.

Pic 1
Pic 2 (3second Exposure used
Pic 3
Pic 4 (super Macro used)
Pic 5

Hope this helps. Regards.

EDIT.....

Im wounded! its on Amazon now for £163!!! its a complete BARGAIN! at that!!

Last edited:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Here you go mate, Ive left the images original size as they left the camera apart from the Car pic, the plates been photoshopped out. (but still same size)

Ive not had it long so not got to grips with all the features yet. but its simple enough to point and shoot and get a decent pic.

Pic 1
Pic 3
Pic 4 (super Macro used)
Pic 5

EDIT.....

Brillaint thanks alot fella

Think ill be getting one of these then

£163 is a cracking price

Thanks again matey much appreciated.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Or if you wan't to spend a little less try the Fuji s5600 5.1 mega pixel £115 or the new s5700 7.1 mega pixel for £140.....these are not too far behind the s6500 but will give great value for money.
http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/prodinfo.php?prodid=5192&start=0&thislist=5~21~145

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/135359/art/fuji/finepix-s5600-zoom.html

Although they may be grey imports I have spoken to Fuji UK and they honour the garantee with proof of purchase and after 12 months you can go onto the suppliers extended garantee. I had the s5600 above but have just upgraded to the s5700 at the top.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Or if you wan't to spend a little less try the Fuji s5600 5.1 mega pixel £115 or the new s5700 7.1 mega pixel for £140.....these are not too far behind the s6500 but will give great value for money.
http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/prodinfo.php?prodid=5192&start=0&thislist=5~21~145

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/135359/art/fuji/finepix-s5600-zoom.html

Although they may be grey imports I have spoken to Fuji UK and they honour the garantee with proof of purchase and after 12 months you can go onto the suppliers extended garantee. I had the s5600 above but have just upgraded to the s5700 at the top.

Thanks matey ill have a look

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Pic 1
Pic 3
Pic 4 (super Macro used)
Pic 5

EDIT.....

Finally decided to get this....do you have a link for that price mate....I cant seem to find it

Cheers

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
went for the Fuji finepix S6500FD in the end.....Awesome bit of kit for the price

Only problem im finding is very grainy pics indoors ...think im gonna have to read the manual to find the best setting for indoors.....Ive only been using it on auto.

Great camera though

Thanks Nebdingo matey for the advice :)

+ others ,Cheers guys