ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best budget dashcam?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
hi.
looking for the best dashcam for a cheapish price.
have had 2 gopros now and broke both of them. (motocross).
I could buy another one and it be safe inside the car but don't really want to spend loads to just record scenic drives etc.
higher res and good sound of course is a must. Ideally a good battery life but can just be plugged in constantly.

fire away :smile:

I have a SJ4000 cheap action camera which i use for airsofting, never used it on the car, but for the price the quality is amazing.

I picked mine up for £40 delivered

Excuse me running around trying to be an army man but a view of the quality here:
(sound quality is low because its in the waterproof case but im gonna drill a hole for next time where the mic is)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, absolutely. Just need to run a USB to Mini USB cable long enough to reach the camera, or use a USB extension cable to make the standard cable longer.

172 Cup
I have a Mobius, took it snowboarding with me and it worked a treat. Battery life was really good at 720p but drops off a bit at 1080p. Really small too, about the size of a matchbox.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I have two SJ4000's. Same as a high spec go pro except with a built in screen. Mine are wifi and are currently £66 each with s**t loads of mounts.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
eu.banggood.com (Bang Goods UK warehouse)

About £50 for the Mobius or SJ4000

mk1 Octavia VRS
I got my mobius from banggood.com.

SJ4000 I got from dx.com but their service was rubbish when there was a fault with my waterproof case. Banggood also sell the SJ4000 so I would look at getting it from there.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Paid £16 inc. postage for mine from bangood.com. Perfectly adequate as a dash cam to record trafic incidents. Unsuitable for making Hollywood blockbusters.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
i ordered the g1w - its brilliant for 33 quid. tbh it does the damage. i will try to upload a video soon.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Also consider the G1WH, my review of it...

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/g1wh-dashboard-camera-review.747884/

I have two, front and rear, they're now £41 delivered including a suction and a clamp mount along with a 16gb SD card. I've been running mine now for 9 months and, left permanently fixed in the car, apart from some minor startup niggles for the rear one when it's been freezing over night they both remain fault free.

320d M Sport
Bump!

Anything else to look at? Someone's asked me to find a decent dashcam for around £40. It's just to go in his car because he's sick of being crashed into!