ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best "back to black" from i4detailing?

Clive the Clio no. 2
Im looking to order a few items from i4detailing this morning, and i would like to know what the best item to clean and blacken the exterior plastics?

Also... What is the best wax to use on a pacific blue clio?

Thanks

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Best stuff to 'clean' trim IMO is groundnut oil especially if you have polish marks on the trim. It's available from asda for just over a quid.

As for actual trim stuff I'm not sure out of their range of products. The AG Bumper Care is alright.

As for a wax, vics concours is a decent wax and doesn't cost the earth. Is pacific blue metallic? If so Blackfire Wet Diamond really brings out the flake :approve: If you want a wet look finish then you can't beat Clearkote Moose Wax and Clearkote Carnauba Wax. Don't think these are available from I4D though.

106 GTi
P21s now S100, Vics Concours or Swissvax Onyx are my top 3 choices on Blues depending on your budget.

I use Megs APC to clean the trim and then dress with AG Bumper Care.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Then go with the Clearkote IMO, that's my favourite for non metallic paint. It's durable and gives awesome beading! Vics concours is popular and very durable but I've only used it a handful of times so can't really comment on it that much.