ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Android app for 0-60? Also info on TomTom One...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Whats the best (free) app on Android for messuring 0-60 time? I had a play with the aDyno, but it seems to work ofr the pitch of the car rather than GPS (which to me seems very odd)!

Also, I have a TomTom One that I wanted to mount int he 182 and was wondering if anyone had every come accross 3rd party firmware that can be loaded onto it and is better than the TomTom firmware? I didnt really want to mount my phone in the car as the cable would come out the side (Sony X10)...

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The accelerometer will produce more accurate results with respect to time, but a bigger error when it comes to calculating speed. (you integrate the force, but because it's 3 dimensional and it shifts during gear changes, it's not constant)

The GPS will produce more accurate results for speed, but with a much bigger error for time. Consumer GPS devices generally have an update rate of 1Hz, which means if you're relying on information from it, it could be 1 second out of date. If you're measuring two points (like on 0-60 - start and end) then you can end up with a worse case time error of 2 seconds.

Basically, they're both shite ways of calculating it.