ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best aftermarket shocks?

i need to get some uprated shocks for my 182 as ive just brought it but its fitted with lowering springs on standard shocks and it crashes over small bumps/manholes quite badly. Was wondering what are reccomended to be a good replacement? Cheers

ldubl

ClioSport Club Member
What springs are on there? Have a look through the wheels or from underneath: colour / name / any codes?

Mine had Cooksport springs on when I bought, these lower nicely and handle well. Eibach Sportlines have provided a better compromise as a daily.

In terms of shocks, some Trophy owners are buying the yellow Koni Sport rear shocks as the rear Sachs are out-of-stock. The reason I mention this is that may be moving to the Koni's all round, with matched springs, possibly the Sportlines, would be a good upgrade for you?

I'd speak to Mark Fish (trader on here, or look up online) as he seems to be one of the gurus re: setting up 182s & he recommends the Koni's.

There will be lots of other options though! Recent group buy on Bilstein B14s (have a look in the Car Parts for Sale section), or if you want to splash out, how about some H&R coilovers? Budget, usage & personal preference all come in to play, have a read of the previous discussions on here :up: