ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best advise for rear disc and pads new to the 182 life

hey there .. Names Alix from essex just started my 182 journey. was looking on some advice on what best for rear disc pads.. combo

thanks [emoji28]
20180224_111122.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Is it going to be used on the road? Or track?

Either way, I'd say the standard rear brake set up is more than good enough as it really doesn't do too much. What's your front brake set up?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
For road use -

Brembo HC Discs
Brembo Pads

If you want to add to the performance then some Ferodo Pads are a good starting point such as DS2500’s. The sky’s the limit in terms of options on pads though.

With the rears, get yourself genuine Renault Parts as they have the bearing built in, again standard Brembo pads or Ferodo/Mintex. The rears don’t provide a huge amount of stopping power on these cars.

And then fresh fluid and check your seals are in good condition, and maybe upgrade to braided lines if you have the cash..

Either way, I'd say the standard rear brake set up is more than good enough as it really doesn't do too much. What's your front brake set up?
I think there close to standard i think ? is there any brands to avoid ?

For road use -

Brembo HC Discs
Brembo Pads

If you want to add to the performance then some Ferodo Pads are a good starting point such as DS2500’s. The sky’s the limit in terms of options on pads though.

With the rears, get yourself genuine Renault Parts as they have the bearing built in, again standard Brembo pads or Ferodo/Mintex. The rears don’t provide a huge amount of stopping power on these cars.

And then fresh fluid and check your seals are in good condition, and maybe upgrade to braided lines if you have the cash..
Great where beat place to source these bits im new to the clio sense

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

I thought the same but aparantly the rears do more than you think

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
People have been running ds2500 and alike in the rear. Was only when I questioned the fact they don’t do much (under that impression since I was a member) that aparantly they do
I’ve allways used £15 pads tbh and never died.

PH2 172
well was just looking and for the money you can get brembo less then the stock parts ? i assume they do a much better job

Why someone cannot ask a straightforward question about rear discs & pad fitment, without being fitted up with a set of £135 Ferodo DS2500 front pads, that won`t get near optimum operating temperature even when making a last second decision to pull off the A127 into McDonalds, within 4 posts , I don`t know.

Genuine rear discs were always the preferred option, as they are complete with bearings & ABS rings, but things move on and these also now have bearing & ABS rings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-SPORT-CUP-2-0-REAR-MINTEX-BRAKE-DISCS-WITH-BEARINGS-ABS-RING-BRAKE-PADS/161256428772?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&epid=1437247478&hash=item258ba1d4e4:g:f1UAAOSw32lYoeqm

Who ever gets the pleasure of doing the work, make sure they pull the spacers off the back of the old discs, and the flat face butts up to the disc bearing.

Attachments

• ds2500.JPG
    ds2500.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 72
  • rear disc spacer.jpg
    rear disc spacer.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 75

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I suggested the Brembo stuff in my response. which is pretty much OEM equivalent.

The second comment was about the possibility of looking for ‘greater performance’ so he knows what other options there are..

Why someone cannot ask a straightforward question about rear discs & pad fitment, without being fitted up with a set of £135 Ferodo DS2500 front pads, that won`t get near optimum operating temperature even when making a last second decision to pull off the A127 into McDonalds, within 4 posts , I don`t know.

Genuine rear discs were always the preferred option, as they are complete with bearings & ABS rings, but things move on and these also now have bearing & ABS rings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-SPORT-CUP-2-0-REAR-MINTEX-BRAKE-DISCS-WITH-BEARINGS-ABS-RING-BRAKE-PADS/161256428772?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&epid=1437247478&hash=item258ba1d4e4:g:f1UAAOSw32lYoeqm

Who ever gets the pleasure of doing the work, make sure they pull the spacers off the back of the old discs, and the flat face butts up to the disc bearing.
thanks thats what i was looking for cheers

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along, as mentioned I can get you sorted with everything you need brakes wise, and also various other parts

You want to be running OE Renault rear discs, as these have the best bearings in come complete with abs rings , or the Brembo rear discs if you're not running abs (they don't have the rings on) as have the same bearings. All the other cheaper brands just don't seem to last, I can supply a lot of manufacturers and only stock these two as tried and tested

Pads, depending on what you're using the car for? If mostly road a good quality oe will serve you well on the rear like Brembo

Check the little spacer washers are fitted and refitted the correct way (Tapered side Towards car) and re-torque to 175nm, this is important for the life of the bearings in the discs. They have been discontinued by Renault but I have had my own made up locally and have lots on the shelf , and will stock them going forward

Make sure the little bar that holds the rear pads has the little "locker" hoops in place aswel

You can see these on RTR Parts site, need any help or have any questions send me a PM @Darkbugg

http://www.roadtrackraceparts.com/s...lio-172-182.html?dir=asc&limit=36&order=price