ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 197...

Clio 197 F1 + Evo 6 Rs
Hi all, newbe here...

im thinking of changing my Evo6 to somethink newer, smaller and cheeper 2 run so iv been luking at clio 197's. when i brought the evo i didnt really by the best car for me (ie i brought a gsr when really i should of brought a rs) but iv been looking at the cups. is there a better model out or due out like the MEGANE R26.R???

any advice would be great

Cheers
Dave

Renaultsport Clio 197
no turboED 197's will be made - that's 100% sure.

and in the near future - no lightweight,trackfocused 197 (like the R26.R)

Just get a normal 197...or a 197 cup :approve:

Turbo LY R27
Just remember the cup doesnt have any creature comforts. If you dont mind then go for it.

Or get a 2nd hand R27, or 197 with cup pack, to be honest there is not that much to choose from.

Dont make the same mistake you did before just drive them for yourself matey.:)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
R27 is the best model so far, cup chassis, but with Recaros as standard, limited edition. Cup is basic unless specced up

cup is the most focused out the box, but i think there will be a more focused version like the r26r later on

Clio 197 F1 + Evo 6 Rs
R27 is the best model so far, cup chassis, but with Recaros as standard, limited edition. Cup is basic unless specced up

so the f1 has everythink u cup has an more? an do they do them in white?
thanks for the help

Dave

SchwepTek™
How hard would it be to make a 197 cup racer road legal? lol

You could buy one of those for £22k!

:approve:

cup is the most focused out the box, but i think there will be a more focused version like the r26r later on

Actually id go for the R27, simply because the cup is so basic, even with the options.

Go look at Honda as well mate.

why you quoted me i dont know, but anyway... The cup is basic, but why pay more for toys you wont use?

Also, honda? why the f**k would he look at honda? they currently dont import a decent hot hatch. the new shape CTR is generally accepted as the worst car in its class! Worth noting that the CTR is also not in the same class as the 197, its the same class as the 225.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Exactly!!!! Still the Recaros/limeted number in the R27 are nice, so for me its the 'best' 197 to date :)

^^ I use all mine. Whats not to use??:S

I wouldnt use cruise control, not bothered about having keyless go, why do i need electric mirrors when i set them once and never touch the settings again? Also dont think the interior is that much better.

the r27r might not happen, so i wouldnt wait for it. however it is my opinion it will happen, but possibly not for the next couple of years

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^^ I use all mine. Whats not to use??:S

I wouldnt use cruise control, not bothered about having keyless go, why do i need electric mirrors when i set them once and never touch the settings again? Also dont think the interior is that much better.

I use cruise, its nice to have, and keyless entry is awesome, leave the card in ya pocket and forget....... Also the electric folding mirrors are a god send in street parking, and i dont have a R27 ;)

ST
Hi..

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

And these fine deck chairs come as standard in the R27..

DSC01053.jpg

Manual mirrors are foldable. I'm sure keyless go is great, but i dont need it, same as i dont need the other stuff. rather keep the grand i saved in the bank ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Manual mirrors are foldable. I'm sure keyless go is great, but i dont need it, same as i dont need the other stuff. rather keep the grand i saved in the bank ;)

I saved the money by getting used, then spending it on Cilovers ;)

Glanza V
i couldnt get the "go look at honda" thing either lol was thinking why oh why would you buy a new honda ctr me dads m8 had 1 for 2 month and thought it was sh*t couldnt see out the back window proply and lacked "go" compared to the previous model so got shot and got a vxr nurburgring, anyhoo keeping on topic get an r27 just the mint factor :) cant wait till a get mine

I saved the money by getting used, then spending it on Cilovers ;)

I got the car i wanted spec'd the way I wanted and it cost me less than used because the finance deal i got for buying new is FAR better than I could have got used

Clio 197 F1 + Evo 6 Rs
i couldnt get the "go look at honda" thing either lol was thinking why oh why would you buy a new honda ctr me dads m8 had 1 for 2 month and thought it was sh*t couldnt see out the back window proply and lacked go compared to the previous model so got shot and got a vxr nurburgring

but even those dont seem to be very good as showed 2night of 5th gear wen it got its ass handed 2 him by a st

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

sorry 4 sounding stupid but the interior in the r27 isnt the same as on the options on a cup?

No. Standard seats, which are really good to be fair, just not Recaros, cheap hard plastic dash, no AC etc. The seats and AC can be spec'd up though. Dont get me wrong, i'd have a White cup no problem, just think the best example would be an R27, as the Cup chassis is included :)

Im sorry but do they really have manual mirrors?! Thats f**king madness! My J plate Astra had electric mirrors!

edit: end of the day you pay your money you takes your choice. personally i think the cup interior is perfectly acceptable and i dont want or need any of the things i havent got as standard or been able to spec as an option.

OP I suggest you have a look at them all and decide for yourself