ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best 15" wheels to go for????

53' 172 Cup
im thinking of getting a set of 15's for the cup but not sure which to go for....i want as light a wheel as possible but cant really afford magnesium so will have to be regular alloy....maybe a Speedline/Braid/Rota.....?suggestions please.....

ValverInBits
anyone put williams wheels on a 182 yet? They are easily refurbed to any colour and reasonably priced
I'd like to see it done.
They are pretty light iiRC

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Gray has had some Williams wheels on his ph1 172 - refurbed in anthracite i think, looked mint...

Clio on SL 2118s
i know theyre getting common but speedline 2118 :)

i really want a set but not sure if the white is too lairy, they do do them in silver though, which is an option.

or i also liek the braid winrace ta. quite similar wheels

53' 172 Cup
yeh iv just exchanged a few emails with speedline uk, and they say the 2118 is best for track use as they are so strong...however they dont weigh any less than the 16" Turinis - i thought a track wheel would be less weight but i guess strength is a must too. a set of 4 is £470 tho!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
OZ Ultraleggera, about as light for the money as you'll get. Around 5.5 kilos a wheel I think. Lighter than the mag Speedline 2020s according to wheelweights website..

53' 172 Cup
that wheel weight site is well good...looks like Volk make some seriosly lightweight wheels. they are forged tho so probably cost an absolut fortune

clio 200 F4Rt
dont you have to run spacers with the OZ Ultraleggeras? As they dont do quite the right offset?

or am i talking complete arse?

Speedlines are good, looked at Compomotive too?

clio 200 F4Rt
they are usually similarly priced to the Speedlines.

i ran the TH3's in 15's on my old 182. Were a good wheel, with loads of brake clearence, and the design was to aid brake cooling.

won't be pretty and guess there could be issues with the offset (?) but wouldn't steels be both cheap and light?