ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best £12 i've ever spent ;)

Well i decided to join (properly :L )!!! :D Hello to all the proper clio sport members ;) nice to be part of this forum!!! :cool: waiting for my stickers and s**t now :)

meanwhile heres some pictures of my car ....

7051107953_9b35db2ae1_z.png

7051106805_c11672296d_z.png

6905015440_8590518bc8_z.png

6905016848_f5ca91bdbf_z.png

i've showed you mine, lets see yours (and by that i mean clio:D)

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Something different for the wheels, sayin that turbines would prob go well on this car in a good colour, but needs lows as well to pull it off ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the black and white theme works well!!

serious lows and nice wheels will make it look ace, then just little touches from there!!

white williams wheel?! not seen them on a mk3, i think theyll look awesome tbh!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item43aec612a5

not sure if itll need bigger wheels though. but please keep the wheels subtle, dont do what too many other young drivers do and go for from grotty horrible chav wheels!! OEM+ FTW!

renault clio 172
the black and white theme works well!!

serious lows and nice wheels will make it look ace, then just little touches from there!!

white williams wheel?! not seen them on a mk3, i think theyll look awesome tbh!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item43aec612a5

not sure if itll need bigger wheels though. but please keep the wheels subtle, dont do what too many other young drivers do and go for from grotty horrible chav wheels!! OEM+ FTW!

im winning the bid on these at the moment lol

Oh don't worry I'm not a chav ;) cheers guys! Yeah I really need to lower it and change my wheels :D I saw a clio mk3 on black borbet a's ... Looks quite nice! And also my badges are black :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im winning the bid on these at the moment lol

oops, sorry for adding possible competition!! good luck!!

Daz i was thinking this, might be worth finding some other pictures of mk3s on 15's before considering most wheels from the mk1/2 range!!

a guy on here had pink wheels on a black mk3 nonsport, pretty sure they were 15's and they looked great with epic lows!!

206655_10150219709451518_765541517_8452177_576220_n.jpg

sorry for the terrible pic, was stolen off a mates fb!!

Black Compomotive th's would look nice but they are around £600 with out tyres :/ which I cannot afford :( also what's best to use when lowering a car? Springs or coilovers?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
coilovers,

springs barely get you a noticable drop!!

do some research, theres a high chance renault didnt change the hubs from the old mk2s in which case youll be able to pick coilovers up pretty cheap!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
couldnt comment, sorry.

looking at the suspension layout of the mk3 i doubt mk2 ones could be made to fit, sorry if i got hopes up there!
but im sure there will be a line of budget coilovers out there for the mk3s!

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Oh didn't realize you was that young, I'd avoid mods till you got at least 1year NCB. Depending on the company you're with, they might try to rape your premiums over any mod, even something as trivial as alloys. Bet you're having to pay close to £4000 a year?

I'd check with your insurance company before buying any mods as i doubt they'll cover them with you being 17.

Correct, or if they do he'll see a massive hike in his premium. It's all well and good people on here having a pop and reeling off a shopping list of what the OP should buy but it will cost £££'s. Arguably not worth the expense and hassle on a cooking model. Just enjoy the independence of having your own car and try not to crash it then waste money on the next car you get IMO.

2007 clio dynamique
Imo 15" alloys look far to small , the arches are massive i have 17" at the minute with a 35mm drop and it looks ok but im still not happy so i think im going lower , i have been informed the mk2 coilovers dont fit so theres no cheap option really

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Put the standard wheels back on. Leave it alone. Save for a 1*2/197/200.