ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Berg on Rota's

BlackGold 182
Right, well I'm slowly getting close to how i want it sitting but still long way from perfect.

The fronts are low as possible with these tyres on, the rear I have a few other things to mess about with till I can go lower.

I no I need smaller tyres before anyone says it, they will come eventually. also they will be powdercoated white

marmite I know but C&C :)

Terrible photos, better ones will come when its how i want it

P1010071.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010067.jpg

Sunflower Ph1 172
What coilovers are you on if that's as low as possible on the front? Also, do your struts allow or camber adjustment as they looks pretty straight on the front.

BlackGold 182
Stretched tyres and some camber on the rear then you can go low ;)

im already running -2 degrees at the rear! lol

White !?

Will either look brilliant or awful :S

Better / more photos needed ;)

haha i will get someone to shop it for me before doing it, ive always loved my car on white wheels so im pretty set on the idea lol

What coilovers are you on if that's as low as possible on the front? Also, do your struts allow or camber adjustment as they looks pretty straight on the front.

vmaxx. the coilovers can go loadsss lower, the tyres dont allow me to go lower as it will scrub, yeaa i can i think so, not sure with the eibach camber bolts though?

RS6 C7
Stance doesnt suit clio's imo. The back always just looks wrong.

They look great when done properly, I think ive seen 2 decent ones, Jamie Winters white clio with Rota's is amazing (was anyway) and there is a smoothed clio which has perfect stance although i'm not keen on the bumpers, If Kieran can get the stance right with some 45 profile tyres with a nice stretch it will be perfect.

BlackGold 182
yeaaa i cant decide what size tyres to go for, i want 195/45 but then thats only 5mm less, so isnt gonna be any stretch, i was think 175,45/50

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They look great when done properly, I think ive seen 2 decent ones, Jamie Winters white clio with Rota's is amazing (was anyway) and there is a smoothed clio which has perfect stance although i'm not keen on the bumpers, If Kieran can get the stance right with some 45 profile tyres with a nice stretch it will be perfect.

Ok, i'll agree with some of that. It just doesnt work for 99% of those that try.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
im at that height on my FK highsports but mine are half wound down, i'd reccomend them highly

SG9 Forester STi
Like that first shot Kieran. The wheels look good, always good to be different.

Awesome bit of rake in that last pic Ph-reebone.

BlackGold 182
They have pretty decent reviews online, I only ran them on my 1.6 so i wouldn't know how they performed on high performance cars.

hmmm i wouldnt want it not be enough stretch, thats my worry! lol

Like that first shot Kieran. The wheels look good, always good to be different.

Awesome bit of rake in that last pic Ph-reebone.

thanks vicky!! yeaa only done a few times :)

BlackGold 182
haha naa its tesco in rainham

thanks mate!

just been looking at tyres and looks like going to be 165/45/15 nankangs

looks like ill need this sort of stretch..

7_165_45_R15_Nangkang_5_595.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Uh oh. The Internet rota police have arrived. Thought you'd be happy since it's not a Clio on Turinis.

I'm not 100% tbh, the style of wheel works I think but it needs to be lower.

Turini's > Rota all day long tbh.

When's the OP getting some monster energy stickers as the two seemed to go hand in hand at Trax this year.

BlackGold 182
Uh oh. The Internet rota police have arrived. Thought you'd be happy since it's not a Clio on Turinis.

I'm not 100% tbh, the style of wheel works I think but it needs to be lower.

yeaa it will be lots lower within a month or 2 :)

Turini's > Rota all day long tbh.

When's the OP getting some monster energy stickers as the two seemed to go hand in hand at Trax this year.

lmao no monster energy stickers for me!

you went?
as i didn't HAVE to go this year.... i didn't...lol

Yeah, was at a loose end and a mate was going so I didn't have to put half a tank of fuel in on top of the ticket price. Half out of curiosity to see if it had changed and half because I've not seen any "proper" drifting in person up until that point. Needless to say I wont be bothering again. Drifting was entertaining though just the rest of the show was utter dross and full of chavs with complete heaps.

What's with all the Rota hatred? Genuinely curious, is it a coolness thing?

Lets just say personal preference and leave it at that, no need to end up with the thread being derailed with bickering about them which is what will happen if I go in to any detail.

Swift Sport
I think cotball answered the question for me, I never knew they were copies of other rims. I'm guessing the genuine articles are substantially more, each to their own I suppose.

There's a bit more to it by that but like I say I don't intend to derail the OP's thread with bickering about rims.

It certainly needs the stance sorting out regardless of what wheels are on there, not sitting right to pull off the look IMO.