ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Benefits of being a Scottish (savage) trucker..

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
As I'm employed within the bespoke Scotch Whisky industry, I get to do a lot of scenic driving in some of the most picturesque parts of Scotland.

Being from a rough council estate from Glasgow, I find it all to easy to forget how stunning my country actually is. So I love the chance to get up the West Highlands.

Parked up in Stirling on Wednesday night and set off early Thursday morning for Ben Nevis Distillery in Fort William to pick up a load of casked Whisky to be delivered to Glendronach Distillery near Huntly.

My basic route was A84 through Callander onto the A82 through Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William then A86 through Spean Bridge, Laggan, Newtonmore then up the famous Malt Whisky Trail up the A9/A95 to my yard in Aberlour.

Few iPhone pics:

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
bd31e36e.jpg

8e62616d.jpg

587bb5ff.jpg

d4d696e7.jpg

342a6eae.jpg

927c5d4a.jpg

5c668566.jpg

75af7421.jpg

dd65ff40.jpg

b7a0c555.jpg

d63dba1a.jpg

4f385efa.jpg

530183df.jpg

64eaad0a.jpg

3f9d7902.jpg

1d93cbcb.jpg

Got a few more but PB is being a Cnut!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Only an hour from Glasgow too.. Need to get the 172 up there again, it's been far too long!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Need to plan a scottish road trip specially only living 8 miles from border!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I love driving in the highlands, got a holiday booked for early summer in Aviemore. Problem is I'm taking a caravan, a wife and two kids, still I know I'll enjoy it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Simply stunning part of the country. I don't explore enough of it.

225 meg
Nice pics there gaz :D
i need to take the 172 out of glasgow and explore a bit more, me and the missis took a drive to glen coe last summer
woz a cracking drive in the clio :D and lovely views

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Gaz, what size truck are taking through there?? The roads look barely wide enough for a car.

Megane 225 F1
Let me get this straight. They trust a Scottish man with a lorry of alcohol?

Cracking pics. Well s**t pics, but what they are of is good.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Nice pics there gaz :D
i need to take the 172 out of glasgow and explore a bit more, me and the missis took a drive to glen coe last summer
woz a cracking drive in the clio :D and lovely views
I'll get a wee blast with you when the weather gets a bit better mate!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Scotland would be great, without the s**t hole cities. Love a blast up north. Great pics!!!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I spend all week up in the north east so it's good to get into the west!!

The cities should be bulldozed and start again!

225 meg
Gary get they the trailer pics off carntyne transport all the way :rasp:
need to get the 172 lowered first finking sportlines and new top mounts and poly bushes :D
waiting on turinis comming hopefully next week :)

225 Cup & Williams
You always drive that white/blue truck Gaz? I'm sure I've seen it when I've worked on some of the diageo places.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Nice, Just wish I wasn't so far away.

Reminds me of the first CS holiday I went on up there, we visited The Famous Grouse distillery iirc

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
You always drive that white/blue truck Gaz? I'm sure I've seen it when I've worked on some of the diageo places.

Always buddy!!!

Diageo and Chivas are out two biggest clients.

What distilleries did you see me at?

225 Cup & Williams
Diageo in leven and the other diageo not far from braehead. I'm sure I past you on the m8 at the showcase the other week too.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
I spent a week in Dunoon just after xmas helping with the effects of hurricane bawbag. Some great roads over there and spectacular views, especially walking down the side of the big hills to a overhead line on the ground

225 Cup & Williams
I'll keep an eye out from now on lol. I'm doing alot of work up north now do no doubt I'll pass you on the A9. Keep an eye out for a transit van with a big red dot on it saying omega that will be me.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Do you have a specific route Gaz?

I used to think being a trucker was so cool when I was younger.