ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben black gold 182

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Been Goin daft! Got some more oil for the clio for top ups, a carbon blank for the rear wiper and a few mx5-y things, will get thst on this weekend

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
uploadfromtaptalk1456616711543.JPG

Had a small cleaning session. Today at work, cooksports will be going on tomorrow so I'll have pictures of thst to come, maybe my wiper blank too if I can be arsed

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Cooksports were fitted today and f**k me what a difference!! The car refuses to understeer off roundabouts now and continues round them, totaly transformed the feeling, apex Springs are pish! I considered putting them up for sale but it's barely even worth it plus I'd feel like a b*****d knowing I'd be subjecting someone to them. I'll get some pictures tomorrow, it is slightly higher but I'm hoping they'll settle a wee bit, the handling improvement makes it worth it!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Been a while and not done much, had the tracking done by swr and it was sweet for a few days but I'm back with the same problem o had before I got the inner and outer track rod ends done so I'll need to get it up on a ramp and investigate

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Ignition barrel decided to keep my key so that's that fucked, not too worried though as I should hopefully be getting rescued tonight, it was all going too well for the clio!! Haha
uploadfromtaptalk1460740375090.JPG

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Barrel sorted and new locks aquired thanks to another member on here, fuckin hero! Cars going well now and I think I might keep it, I've been thinking of flogging and getting a 350 but I may just spend a bit more on this instead and go for a new inlet and keep it for a while

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Fitted the carbon wiper blank today and gave it a clean, also made an executive decision to keep the clio, was considering selling up for a 350 but I'd miss it too much, so my consolation prize was to jump in on the group buy for the sm inlet manifold [emoji7] in order to get the best from that I'm going to have to find out how to unlock my ecu from the rs tuner and get it custom mapped so I'll have to look into that

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Csf ticket ordered [emoji7]
uploadfromtaptalk1462715001356.png

Also got a tracking number for the sm inlet manifold, I might be able to get it in time to be fitted before csf but I'm unsure about how safe itl be to do a drive like thay with the inlet and an rs tuner map, so I might wait until afterwards to fit it

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Things have started arriving! Starting to get road rash in front of the rear wheels, I'm assuming that's because of spaced front wheels, so I'll touch them in, wet sand and machine then make some templates up for some bits of xpel film, a self healing clear vinyl that we apply at work. Also got some gold reflective heat tape which I'll be sticking to the bottom of the car when I chop all the rotten heatshields off....something tells me I'm going to need more
uploadfromtaptalk1462824592996.JPG

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Had electrical gremlins every time I'd indicate right, the I doctor fuse would blow, @sburrell93 came to be a hero though and we found the fault, indicator bulb in the headlight had chaffed and was causing the fault, wasn't so bad, it could've been far worse than bumper (partially due to fuckin rounded bolts) off and headlight out
uploadfromtaptalk1463238026305.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1463238088762.JPG

There was also a dopey cat
uploadfromtaptalk1463238122240.JPG

Next issue to needing fixed are the scooshers, tried blasting air down the lines and cleaning the bottle out on the car but nothings happening, think I'll just order a new bottle and motor as they're quite cheap

However more important things first! Tomorrow I'll be changing my cat over to a slightly more fresh one I got from yumen, sort the horrid blow it's causing out, and fit some parada spec 2s for the front wheels

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
uploadfromtaptalk1463323916361.JPG

Paradas on and new cat fitted today, car sounds infinitely better than its previous blowing Ness state, and new tyres are awesome, need to get them worn in a wee bit and test them out to compare to. The ps3s

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Did a buy for the Clio, we recaro trend lines from an who 5 cause I'm too cheap for trophy trend lines, also in the back is my new fatass alloy rad for the 5 , my phone is refusing to upload pictures so I'll try again later

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Hahahaha I will do man! Much excited, also drvng up to Aberdeen this weekend for birthday shenanigans so the clips getting put through its paces!

Also, tomorrow at work I'll be getting trained in applying clearplex window screen films, anyone else trained in this? I'm sure my work will be the first in Scotland trained on it and I'm hoping my 182 will be the first with it applied, if all goes well its be available for perving at CSF haha

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
So the clearplex was a massive success, very pleased with the training and with the fact the Clio is now protected
uploadfromtaptalk1467015012606.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1467015024495.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1467015041358.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1467015050190.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1467015071788.JPG

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Also made a payment for rails for my trend lines, should be here on time to get fitted for CSF which I'm very happy about, soon the Clio will be receiving a full bhuna detail on preparation for CSF

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
What is the benefit of the plastic film?
Its much strong so itl help prevent chips and cracks, its very hard wearing , it actually has an element of glare and UV reduction as well

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Well a delivery driver let his vector roll into the Clio so I need a new front bumper, on the hunt!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Had a productive day today prepping for my full detail for CSF , got the recaros in, interior all cleaned up with seat about, what a difference that makes , window gtechnique polished then sealed with g1, exterior rubbers and plastics sealed with g4 and wheels done with auto bright wheel wax, should save a lot of time tomorrow
uploadfromtaptalk1467226182879.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1467226218398.JPG

Clio 172
Nice work, I've heard some fantastic stuff about that c4 and been wondering about getting some for the plastics, what's it like to apply I'm a little scared I'll sod it up

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
It was actually g5 o just realised but they're all the same product just with different warranty length, its brilliant , easy to apply just make sure its even and everything's covered, very happy with it

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
39893fb1c1814b2af7172c6f3b1baebd.jpg

Had the clio on the rolling road at gi motorsport, made 170hp and 151lb ft, been advised to get the timing checked as apparently there should be a more obvious sign of the "kick" on the graph, going to get swr to do the dephaser etc soon anyway so I'll get it checked then, then it will be time for the inlet and mapping

Last edited:

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
After being recommended to check the timing after the rr day I got it checked today, the timing is in fact out so I'll be getting booked into swr for it asap and I'll probably get them to fit the sm inlet whilst they're at it, in a way I was kind of hoping it was off to see if it makes any better power timed up correctly
981dd20efb6826ed26c9492bfb6b27d4.jpg
faaf611af43687603d20aab404efa987.jpg

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Got some rear interior cards from cm composites, hopefully they don't look too track but they were so cheap I couldn't say no, spent more on wrap to fancy them up
e58b317fa6bafa65a44d86eceede00c8.jpg
a5c9d646b5ac846e5fc548bd3291be7e.jpg

6d carbon wrap which they sent me considerably more than I ordered (win)
Just so they don't end up scratched really not a huge fan of carbon wrap but this stuffs very goodti work with

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Not much has been happening on the clio front, developed a misfire and with the help of @sburrell93 sussed that it's an injector so currently hunting all over for my spare set, apart from that new driveshafts came, ordered spark plugs and gearbox oil, it's due it's mot very soon aswell so everything's on hold until that's over with, then timing! Hopefully get it done at swr

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Clio failed it's mot today but only on shite stuff like a blocked washer tube and illegal plates, airbag lights from recaros, all easy fixes so not worried, love a cheap mot!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Just read through this!
You've certainly ploughed some money in when needed

keep up the good work bud.

Great Read
cheers! I keep this updated mostly for myself for reference but it's good to see people actualy reading it! Haha

New drive shafts on yesterday aswell from reno, it doesn't click when I turn now. Which it's done since I bought it slowly getting better! With the mot out the way I'm going to look at booking up with swr to get all my belts done soon then itl be time to speak to efi

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Those registrations legal? i got ones made up and mines are similar without a postcode underneath it
Was having a wee read through my thread and noticed this, it failed it's mot the other day because of the reg plates, not for being clean plates but for having the honeycomb design on them, standard plates were in the boot on velcro anyway so everything's back to normal now with a fresh mot

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Just booked in to swr for a full service, can't wait to get standard timing and see if it makes a bit o power

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Got the car back from Swr and I'm over the moon, drives much better than ever and is running amazingly smoothe, very pleased with the work and worth every penny, back to gi soon for a power run then I'll get booked in with efi

Never had an idle so smoothe! Haha

Renault Clio 182
Looking good ! What polish do you use? I am thinking about getting some cams for mine but car is making 197 bhp and don't want to spend any more money if it isn't going to do much.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Mines are piper stage 2 fast Road cams, I didn't buy then but I'm sure they're around the 400 mark, can definitely notice them now!

I use a load of different polishes but main 3 stage polishes are the autobrite correct it range

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
cb03cabd205a0ca1099c6ba4bee5628e.jpg

Homers come with benefits! Black insert lights, one fucked adjuster but I've got 1 light somewhere, might get lucky and have a set of working ones, a good refurb project!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
cb03cabd205a0ca1099c6ba4bee5628e.jpg

Homers come with benefits! Black insert lights, one fucked adjuster but I've got 1 light somewhere, might get lucky and have a set of working ones, a good refurb project!

Get an adjuster off ebay, it's easy enough to swap it with some long nose pliers.