ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belts are due next year so..........,

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
May as well think about adding some goodies.

While everything is out I'm thinking about replacing the cam cover and having it painted.

Look at getting a set of ported inlets or a Tessa? (What are we thinking is better?) It's a daily after all.

What is the difference between 182 and 197 cams and can you time 197 cams with group N timing?

Is there anything else that could do with being replaced while it's all apart?

Isn't the some kind of aux belt protection/guard to stop it taking the cambelt if it snaps?

Thanks
Pez

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
If it’s a daily I wouldn’t bother with cams IMO.

Spend the money else where.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
If it’s a daily I wouldn’t bother with cams IMO.

Spend the money else where.

To be fair it's a daily but I dont think IV even done 5k miles this year 🤣🤣.
But I know you can improve other areas too. So I will take that in mind

Pez

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I would get some 197 cams fitted (and timed up correctly) and then have them mapped at EFI. I did the above and my 172 with matched inlets, PMS exhaust and it made 190bhp.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Thanks @bloke .
So would you say 197 cams are the best option?

Pro's and cons?
Can they be timed to group N and is it worth it?

Like I said I'm trying to plan for belts which is next year and spread the cost of parts ect.

Also in your threads you have said you have had SM/Tessa Inlet is it worth it over the Ported inlet option.
I want the torque of the engine just add a bit more. (Staying N/A )

Sorry lots of questions

Pez

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Might as well throw some high lift cams while the cover is off... basically a free mod..well you’ll save money in the long run and gain some more hp..obviously need a map to suit but win win...not sure if there’s much to gain with matched inlets but every little helps I guess.
Let us know which way you go...be good to know.

dan's cast offs.
For the price 197 cams are ok value. Can be timed pretty much to group n but will have a rougher idle.

I'd go for standard inlets over tossa/rs2 inlets though as the lack of torque lets them down. You could potentially drop 20lb/ft and on an na that's a huge amount.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
This is what I'm thinking @bloke.
I don't want to lose torque.

Its meaty should we say for an N/A.
Okay IL start looking at pricing some bits up then :)

Pez