ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belt slipping? help please...

RB + LY 182 FF
both belts were fitted in dec 08, the steering is funny on full lock, my dad looked at it and said the belt doesnt look like its sitting right against tensioner. creating a line in the middle of the belt , but my car also seems to be driving very slow and slugish, its service is upto date and the powerflow exhaust system is only 12 mth old, its booked in thurs for new belt,tensioner puleys etc. will my car be ok after this? is this the cause in the above??

also forgot to add my car was chipped by F1 before i bought it! how would i know if the chip was creating problems??

RB + LY 182 FF
thanks guys. found the problem, engine mount has gone hence tensioner and belt pushing up on each other due to engine movement. al sorted thursday hopefully.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
is the belt sat on the pas pump correctly or is it hanging off 1 tooth, ive seen this before, creates a line around the belt

RB + LY 182 FF
yes its created a line on the belt. with the engine mount knackered and engine visable its been moved it explains why the belt is the way it is. goes in garage tomorrow.thank god!