ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BELLend Direct Insurance.

Clio-V6
Just got of the blower to Bell Insurance.

They advised me that they would never insure a car with lowered suspension! What on earth?

Can anyone insured with them who has after market suspension on their car let me know as I think this is ridiculous. They asked me what modifications I had an were happy with the exhuast, air filter etc etc but not suspension.

Clio-V6
Tell me about it. I cant beleive they wont insure. I rekon that they have the options to select suspension even on their web page quote system.

A slow one :-(
They wanted 55 quid for me to replace my front splitter with a Carbon jobby. Neddless to say I told em where to go!

There

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
The way I've got round this in the past is as follows:

Find someone already insured with them, ask them to phone up and add lowered suspension to policy - if this all goes ok...

Call them and get a policy based on all mods except suspension, then a few months after, fit your suspension and call and add it.

Sometimes insurers don't like you have lots of mods so will say no right at the beginning.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I got a quote with them and declared it had been lowered less than 5cm as their page says. They wanted £810 for my 1.4 (23, 3 years ncb, little bit of history!) but was still about £300 more than i paid with NUD

Clio-V6
thats what i ddi on my old punto i added mods as i went.

problem is my car is getting all the mods done now at k-tec before i insure it.

don't
just do it online rather than phoning

elephant admiral, bell, are all part of the same company now aswell

RB 200 Cup!
I reckon insurance is the biggest con around - Bell are t***s anyways - the quote they gave me for my standard 1.6 16v dynamique was more than NU quoted with my mods (wheels + suspension)!!

Racing Blue 182
on the site they wont insure it if you have it lowered more than 5 cm

How much did you tell them it was lowered?

That cant be true... there's loads of young members on here insured with them with modified 172's.

Unless they have not declared any mods :eek:

Racing Blue 182
im with elephant who are exaclty the same. mines declared as lowred no more then 5cm, not quite sure how much its lowered though

Clio 172
Bell are good with me and will insure me with lowering + more.

I am:

18 years old + in my own name.
Drive a clio 16v (1.8)
Fully comp.
Mods:
Lowered front and back.
Exterior deco changes.
Interior deco changes.
Full system exhaust/ manifold changes.
Alloys.
Big brake kit.

977.50 a year with accident cover.