ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bein a pain to start!!!

172 16v
hi just wondered if any 1 has any solutions to this prob 1 of my mates own a 172 ph1 on a w plate, about a month a go he got in his car and it wouldnt start so he got a mechanic out to it and he sed to turn his key so all lights come on then hold the button on the key in and turn it all the way back then turn it over and it works he never told him the prob he just sed that it would be a dear job to fix as any1 had this problem if so could ya help as its only jus starting up now, he sed that wen he is driving the immobliser light is still flashin as tho the car wasnt runnin, any ideas??????????/ cheers sam

clio 182
could possibly be your crack sensor!!!
mine was playing up and it only needed cleaning but got the AA to do it!!! but the sensor itself is only £30 brand new....
Hope this helps.....
vikky182

Evo 8 MR
could possibly be your crack sensor!!!
mine was playing up and it only needed cleaning but got the AA to do it!!! but the sensor itself is only £30 brand new....
Hope this helps.....
vikky182

lmao, what does that sense exactly?

clio 182
when the AA came out he put all up on comp... and said basically as i turn the key to start my engine two sensors are supposed to meet if they dont it wont start.
All he did was clean it and it being great since!!!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ decoder ring is what you mean. that detects that a key is in the barrel and their communicating together so lets the car start

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
no-one is saying ur wrong lol, its just thats what they call it :)

& to the original post, can you borrow a decoder ring from someone to test? any decoder will do wether its from a 1.2 etc