ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Before & After

BG FF 182
Good Evening,
I thought i'd share my engine bay transformation since i first purchased the 182.
C & C Welcome.
I do apologise for the picture quality, taken with an iphone.
IMG_0780_zps74a44f5d.jpg

44ad5c49-edfe-4b51-af0e-c0fc9a99f290_zps8d64f645.jpg

Its so easy, can of VHT paint from motorspares, whip inlet off, spray then put it back a few hours later and turn the engine on to bake the paint lol. No prep needed :)

itb'd RB 182 cup
Well done chap that looks minty fresh!
I think if you painted the inlets silver to brighten them up, polish the badge and clean up that rusty engine lift point, that'll be perfect!

BG FF 182
Well done chap that looks minty fresh!
I think if you painted the inlets silver to brighten them up, polish the badge and clean up that rusty engine lift point, that'll be perfect!

Thanks mate, yeah I've been meaning to clean that engine lift point up, what's the best stuff to clean it up with? I've just got some wire wool & autosol.
Same applys for the badge?

RS6 C7
Easy when you have the right gear, I can supply most polishing bits you need.

If you own a bench grinder / angle grinder or a drill then you can polish it fairly easy!

Fiesta ST-3
Something similar to this mate

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.metalpolishingsupplies.co.uk/pro-max-general-purpose-11pc-metal-polishing-kit/[/FONT]

Looks good. When I get round to doing mine the engine cover and air box will be anthracite. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can make a start

BG FF 182
After seeing that picture & some pictures with the engine cover on i'm starting this on Saturday, Got all the kit, can't wait to get stuck in. Will update with pictures once finished.

Last edited: