ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beeping in the 200 when entering?

Hi CS.

When opening the door to get into the 200 after unlocking, sometimes it beeps, as in *beep, beep, beep, beep*, but stops after 4 or 5 beeps. The lights are not on btw.

What's the reason for this? It's doing my head in and the computer only says push brake and press start.

Steve from R-Sport has given me his thoughts but I don't have the Renault handbook to hand!

Thanks

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Anything to do with it telling you that the alarm has been triggered at all?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
How long is it between unlocking and you opening the door? Are you giving the alarm time to disarm? I used to set it off quite a lot in my old 1.4, it sets off then disarms after a second or two

GTD, Lupo
It's to tell you if your car has been tampered with. It's normally caused by trying to open the door too quick.

Lol button locks, sensor opens...

The button on the rear diamond locks it too and it's sooooo annoying when people use it to try and open the boot with it lol

Tell me about it!

Especially when the rear is dirty and you end up with finger prints where they've tried!

Thanks for the inputs, will be less urgent when getting into the car.

I tried it before and no beeps.