ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been practicing with Lightroom!! C+C please

Monaco 172
Evening,

So as the title suggests.. I've been playing around with Lightroom after i was given a copy of LR3 which i know is out of date but it's more than good enough for me.

Below are a few pics i've edited.

Comments, criticism are very welcome.

Ferrari F40 from supercar sunday a few weeks back,
34080929413_86af38eb52_b.jpg
Ferrari F40 by Dave Broom, on Flickr

Slammed mega hella stance scene kid E39 from Players Classic a few years ago!!
34080929323_bb3b94f1dc_b.jpg
BMW 5 Series by Dave Broom, on Flickr

Aspect shot of a W211 E55 AMG from "Benz on the green" show the other week
34080929253_f7695f7d06_b.jpg
E55 AMG by Dave Broom, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The BMW shot doesn't need the grad filter from.the too down (which I think you've used)

Try upping the shadows and exposure a bit too.

Quite hard to tell though without seeing the original.

Monaco 172
The BMW shot doesn't need the grad filter from.the too down (which I think you've used)

Try upping the shadows and exposure a bit too.

Quite hard to tell though without seeing the original.

Thanks @Aaron.. the BMW shot was over exposed above the car IMO and looked blown out so i darkened it, yeah I used the tool with the 3 lines (sorry i'm a noob) to darken above the car, admittedly it looks pretty crappy 😂

So try upping the shadows and exposure on all shots ??

Thank you.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Really like them mate. Especially the fez. I had a go at this but got bored. Don't have the patience for it lol

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @Aaron.. the BMW shot was over exposed above the car IMO and looked blown out so i darkened it, yeah I used the tool with the 3 lines (sorry i'm a noob) to darken above the car, admittedly it looks pretty crappy 😂

So try upping the shadows and exposure on all shots ??

Thank you.
Sorry,
No just in the BMW shot.

Maybe drop the highlights a tad in the E55 shot.

The Ferrari shot is fine imo.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If you want complete honesty mate, I wouldn't even be able to tell these have been touched up barring the dark clouds on the beemer.

Whether or not that's a good or bad thing I'm not too sure.

Like the pictures themselves though!

YouTube has a tonne of tutorials for LR and PS alike.

Monaco 172
If you want complete honesty mate, I wouldn't even be able to tell these have been touched up.

Whether or not that's a good or bad thing I'm not too sure.

Like the pictures themselves though!

YouTube has a tonne of tutorials for LR and PS alike.
Yeah i wonder if thats a good thing or not?? I guess you dont want your pictures to look too doctored or heavily edited that they no longer look realistic. Thanks for the comments mate.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah i wonder if thats a good thing or not?? I guess you dont want your pictures to look too doctored or heavily edited that they no longer look realistic. Thanks for the comments mate.
Wasn't meant in a shitty way mate but I'm stumped too. I suppose not easily spotted that it's been tampered with is probably a good thing as long as the shots good.

Monaco 172
Wasn't meant in a shitty way mate but I'm stumped too. I suppose not easily spotted that it's been tampered with is probably a good thing as long as the shots good.
Wasnt taken shitty at all mate, just made me question if its good or bad to notice if its been edited or not.. Its a very good point i think.

Clio 197
I personally love the BMW shot, gives the picture a much more menacing vibe which goes with the car's looks, especially with the dark sky in the background