ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been bumed BIG STYLE :(

CLS, RS MEG
Coming home from work, stop as a car is turning right. BANG! car up my ass. me go into car in front, him infront of me goes into another person. BIG mess
My poor poor clio it was worse off. Probably a write off :(

Not happy!

H22A7 Accord Type R
new one via insurance then mate! s**t happens........tis why we are insured :)

Civic Vtec y0
thats s**t mate! but thats what we have insurance for!

the guy who caused it will struggle for insurance after this!

CLS, RS MEG
Yer I know s**t happens... Will get some pics up soon. Everything is declared as far as i know. I went through everything with them when i renewed in February. Police turned up, notified insurance, their collecting the car tomorrow. I drove it home from the accident but the bumper was rubbing on the wheel

Da

Less
arse mate, that's a shitter. Doesn't the fact that you went into car infront mean a claim from your insurance? Thought it came down to leaving a safe distance? :S

Racing Blue 182
arse mate, that's a s**tter. Doesn't the fact that you went into car infront mean a claim from your insurance? Thought it came down to leaving a safe distance? :S

What happens is, the guy infront of him will claim off him, but he will then claim all of that back off the person behind him. This claim will take adddgggessss to sort out

CLS, RS MEG
Will get some more in the morning

DSC00845.gif

VRS
sh*t dude thats worse than i thought :(

guess its gonna be written off :(

is your insurance alright? all mods declared etc?

CLS, RS MEG
I spent 2 hours on the phone when i took out the insurance. They put it on their system every extra, down to the badges. They wouldnt issue me anything in writing, but i understand their conversations are recorded for legal reasons.

VRS
I wouldnt mind if it was an ordinary clio, but if it is repaired, they'll use standard parts :(

so are you hoping for a write off? u were looking at selling up and moving onwards and upwards soon werent you? a good pay out could be good in a twisted way if you know what i mean?

CLS, RS MEG
If they write it off, which could happen quite easily, as its a cat D anyway, then maybe i'll buy it back off them for peanuts, sell the bits and get a new car. All the seatbelts are taught and airbags lights are on etc, could be expensive.

VRS
If they write it off, which could happen quite easily, as its a cat D anyway, then maybe i'll buy it back off them for peanuts, sell the bits and get a new car. All the seatbelts are taught and airbags lights are on etc, could be expensive.

ahh i didnt realise is was already cat d!

well i hope it all works out for u matey

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
100% write off dude. your pretentioners have fired and the boot floor's going to look like keith richards' face after that.

onwards and upwards methinks!

it's just good you're ok though mate.

Chocolate Bar™
bloody hell thats s**t especially when u were selling the car. Look on the good side, if they write it off its an easy way to get the money for the car at a time of the eyar when selling cars is really difficult. To be honest though looks like they'll repair that, if the floor pans still sound and theres no underlying damage. They will prob just repair the front bumper if its just the brackets which are broken, they did this when i got rear ended with my rear bumper which looked similar. Also you have 172 wings so they would have to replace them with standard ones to fit a standard bumper. so if they cant repair it it will work out cheaper for them to get a 172 one.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
if theres no structural roof damage you may be ok with some boot lid replacement and bumper work. Not the best though.

An insurance nightmare looms!

Ad

MK2 FRS
thats a write off... not a doubt.

Thats a shitter mate... he really id gave you a whack then!!!

pretty sure that is a write off mate, like some have said.

interestingly when i had my bump they put back on all the bits i had added, no where near as much as yours, but still fully re colourdoded, clio sport grill, xenons etc etc etc

the crash wasnt my fault and most have said that it got done because it went through his insurance. . . . .so can only say good luck to you bud!

glad your ok (if a bit p155ed off!!)

jamie

CLS, RS MEG
Thanks for all the kind remarks. They collected the car today, the guy took one look at it "i doubt you'll be seeing that again mate" was like..... :'(

Looks like a new car will be on the cards soon. Yer i am pissed off, Immensely. I really liked that car

Ad

MK2 FRS
Well looks at the postive of getting a new car mate.

They should provide you with a courtsey car, if not use one of the companys. Make sure you get a letter for your private reg as well.

1.6 16v without an engine
can i have ur lights??? :eek:

oj... thats a nasty crash... coulda been worse... coulda been ur face that ended up like that??? be thankful it wasnt... through everything bad... something good always arises..