ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

beeeep! 197

H

HickiN

Afternoon,

In the Clio 200 there is a beep along with a green light for what i guess is the optimum time to change gear...

Is there something i can do in my clio 197 to make this beep happen?

Obviously i know i could just look for the green light... but a beep is easier to 'see' ......

HickiN

Looking for 182
I know this doesn't help, but surely you know when to change gear from the sound of the engine?

You could just listen out for the right time to change and make a beeping sound with your mouth.

197 Cup doesnt have a beep, but does have a shift light.

You could probably rig something up to the wiring to the shift light with a little buzzer of something but I really wouldnt bother.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You could just listen out for the right time to change and make a beeping sound with your mouth.

LOL

I've never seen a beep in car before, not have I heard one. It should be pretty easy to hear when to change from the engine note shirley?

Nissan 350z
You can fit the dash instrumental clocks from a 200 and you will get the beep as well. Other than that, i havent seen another method to add this feature to the 197 without going aftermarket.

H

HickiN

ok ok...... i admit might have been a silly question....

just wondered if you could do it...

yeah i can listen out for the engine note change etc... will prob be easier.... unless meat loaf is blasting on volume 20

I think the aftermarket beep i make with my mouth when in the car might add comedy value for passengers and fit the bill...... might even throw a dump valve in there and some big turbo noise.... think this is the preferred option?

HickiN

Last edited by a moderator:
  Listerine & Poledo
TOP TIP:

Before changing gear press the # key on your telephone to mimic the noise of a rev-warning.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Side ways clocks is what you need.

photo.jpg

H

HickiN

Austin - i've just come back in the house....

My car has that mod added now - cheers for the advice ;)

R.I.P 182
LOOOOOOOOOL @ The video. excellent! beep! tssshhhh!

Excuse my ignorance i didnt know this existed, but why the need for a light or beep when changing gear???????