ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bearings collapsing. After market alternative??

Clio 182 cup
Wheel bearings keep collapsing after a few testing sessions. Any suggestions on an upgrade?? Can you transfer Megane hubs and bearings or a specially made bearing which is better suited to performance??

Cheers

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I was under the impression that the cup packed 182's had the biggest bearings of the MK2's.
Try searching for Cup racer bearings/hubs.
Turns up a few bits regarding laguna 2.2D hubs.
Think Cup racers had beefier rear bearings as well but I could be talking out my arse.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Something defy not right here. As above, more likely to be an incorrect assembly or torque value causing this. Assuming you're using decent bearing units to rather than some £13 Chinese special?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
As Mark and Mick have said, the OE fit bearings are very good quality so either not fitted/torqued correctly or cheap bearings

Clio 182 cup
Sorry gents my mistake.

Rear bearings on clio keep going. Is there an after market hub and disc that's seperate to the standard that is fitted with the inbuilt bearing?? Seem to have to change it quite regularly as they keep breaking due to the obvious load the rear end is put through when cornering. Any suggestions? Thanks for taking note of the thread.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ah, right then, that is a different set of possibles all together then. Firstly, are you sure the rear hub spacer is correctly installed on each rear disc assembly? Secondly, are you using genuine Renault disc assemblies?

Mick

182cup & 172 racecar
I take it you are on about front ones, you didn't say that on your pm.
Never had any trouble with fronts since the car was built, 5 yrs now.
Red ones aren't cheap, but there you go.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
He's on about rears Tony.

The X65 Cups ran standard rear beams so there must be something wrong with your installation or setup.

What camber are you running? Any spacers?

Swap stubs axles and put new bearing on and will be fine! For some reason I had same problem no matter how many new bearing I kept putting on they kept failing. Swapped stub axles and fine ever since

182cup & 172 racecar
Don't want to state the obvious, but are the spacers on behind the disc?

Sorry just re read pm, ref rears.

Clio 182 cup
Swap stubs axles and put new bearing on and will be fine! For some reason I had same problem no matter how many new bearing I kept putting on they kept failing. Swapped stub axles and fine ever since
When you say swap stub axles what type do you swap them for? Do you have a link? And yes it all seems to be together fine with the spacers etc. just seems to be something which continues to fail on us.