ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bearing

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I have a loud hum at about 2K rpm .

Sounds like it is coming from the rear and have jacked the car up and spun the wheel and there is a metal on metal sound when you spin the wheel but no wobble if you pull the wheel .

Checked the front and it does make the same sort of noise but not as much .

Am I correct in thinking that this is going to be rear wheel bearings ?

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah this is what it does sound like when you spin them .

How would you tell if it is the wheel bearings are faulty as there is no play in the wheel ?

Alan

The 'metal on metal' noise you are referring to is probably just the pads dragging on the disc slightly

330i. E30 Touring.
Noise is about the only giveaway sometimes. Is the noise constant? Does it change under load? When coasting in gear, when rolling in neutral? Does it go away if you swerve left/right?

Dave's last Trophy was whining like a b**ch. I checked everything. No play in either of the rear wheels, but swapped both rear discs and it fixed the problem.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah its bad at 2K rpm and is a wheel noise as throttle does not make a difference .

Does get less loud after 2K but gets more noise hi up the rev range .

Alan
Noise is about the only giveaway sometimes. Is the noise constant? Does it change under load? When coasting in gear, when rolling in neutral? Does it go away if you swerve left/right?

Dave's last Trophy was whining like a b**ch. I checked everything. No play in either of the rear wheels, but swapped both rear discs and it fixed the problem.