ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

LY 200 EDC LUX
Have you tried squad deathmatch? You only play on a fraction of the map but there's less players

Thats exactly the same. Less people........but a far smaller map.

Also, why oh why oh why isn't there an option to have a private match with a few mates? Its a pretty basic feature. Again, dissapointed with yet ANOTHER next gen release. Why can't developers concentrate on getting the basic foundations of a game right, instead of trying to sugar coat everything with fancy graphics. Gggrrrrrrrrrrr

Fiesta ST2 MP215
You can do, just have to pay £55 a month for a private server. Thinking about getting one and splitting it with a few mates. Be good to BAN the AA and be able to use choppers properly. Same for metro banning the grenades and lvgs. Unlocked aws yesterday such a boss gun. 3glm is pretty good bar crap range.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Thats exactly the same. Less people........but a far smaller map.

Also, why oh why oh why isn't there an option to have a private match with a few mates? Its a pretty basic feature. Again, dissapointed with yet ANOTHER next gen release. Why can't developers concentrate on getting the basic foundations of a game right, instead of trying to sugar coat everything with fancy graphics. Gggrrrrrrrrrrr

Because BF4 is meant to be played with lots of players.

I don't even bother searching for games with less than 48 players now. It gets a bit mental if you play the gung-ho way, but you just play a little more tactically than COD. I enjoy it for sure and I know others do!

Mito Sportiva 135
You can do, just have to pay £55 a month for a private server. Thinking about getting one and splitting it with a few mates. Be good to BAN the AA and be able to use choppers properly. Same for metro banning the grenades and lvgs. Unlocked aws yesterday such a boss gun. 3glm is pretty good bar crap range.

Yep the AWS is very good - great for close, medium and long range depending on the map and the attachments. I tried it with the heavy barrel but not sure how I feel about that as the recoil went up too high for my tastes when fitted with the 2x magnifier.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's really annoying that this is the only decent MP game on XBone. It means I have to play it :/

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's also really annoying when you shoot someone point blank and they don't die, so you hide behind a wall, then they shoot you through it. Even though you know they should have died. This game is literally fucked beyond recognition.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's also really annoying when you shoot someone point blank and they don't die, so you hide behind a wall, then they shoot you through it. Even though you know they should have died. This game is literally f**ked beyond recognition.

Which version is that? It seems like it's the new gen with the most problems - not a great incentive to part with £400 for the pleasure.

The only next gen game which is appealing so far is Titanfall - and looks like the 360 version will be almost as good as the One version!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah yeah yeah.

I only have problems on Naval Strike - which is ok as the maps are s**t.

Had a good few sessions last night. My K/D is absolutely dreadful but I'm scoring way higher. I had 12/21 last night with 8400 points (before boost). Weird.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah yeah yeah.

I only have problems on Naval Strike - which is ok as the maps are s**t.

Had a good few sessions last night. My K/D is absolutely dreadful but I'm scoring way higher. I had 12/21 last night with 8400 points (before boost). Weird.

I like a couple of the NS maps but only in conquest - don't think the carrier assault is well balanced (might be bigger in larger maps, but in 12 vs 12 there aren't enough people to defend and attack the open carriers at once)

The other weekend with premium XP event and a 200% XP boost I got over 90K in a single match! Nearly levelled up from that one game.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I like a couple of the NS maps but only in conquest - don't think the carrier assault is well balanced (might be bigger in larger maps, but in 12 vs 12 there aren't enough people to defend and attack the open carriers at once)

The other weekend with premium XP event and a 200% XP boost I got over 90K in a single match! Nearly levelled up from that one game.

Yeah tried carrier assault once and found it pretty dull. I get most of my points from capturing bases.

The new maps are good for upgrading attack boats but thats about it! The only one i like is the one with the objective at the top of the big hill in a fort. My squad put a spawn beacon up there while it was enemy controlled. Got an 1 kill streak simply walking down the hill and shooting them in the back haha.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah tried carrier assault once and found it pretty dull. I get most of my points from capturing bases.

The new maps are good for upgrading attack boats but thats about it! The only one i like is the one with the objective at the top of the big hill in a fort. My squad put a spawn beacon up there while it was enemy controlled. Got an 1 kill streak simply walking down the hill and shooting them in the back haha.

Operation Mortar I think? The one with cannons in the fort? If so yes that's my favourite too. Personally though I like the China Rising maps best - good mix of environments, don't really like the Second Assault maps that much although Metro is a laugh

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Operation Mortar I think? The one with cannons in the fort? If so yes that's my favourite too. Personally though I like the China Rising maps best - good mix of environments, don't really like the Second Assault maps that much although Metro is a laugh

Thats the ticket. Yeah its good that one.

No I think it was a bit cheeky charging for the SA maps if Im honest!

CR is where I lurk most of the time. I love dragons pass. Its where I seem to get MVP ribbons!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone else's game (XBone) get stuck whilst joining a server? For the last couple of days, I join a server, when it's booting up (as in it shows you which map you're about to play) it then goes to the black load screen (with the white dash in the top right corner) but it stays there, I can hear noise in the background but the screen stays black.

Rebooting the game / Xbox makes zero difference.

Mito Sportiva 135
Does anyone else's game (XBone) get stuck whilst joining a server? For the last couple of days, I join a server, when it's booting up (as in it shows you which map you're about to play) it then goes to the black load screen (with the white dash in the top right corner) but it stays there, I can hear noise in the background but the screen stays black.

Rebooting the game / Xbox makes zero difference.

Happens sometimes on the 360 too - think it's just the game crashing unfortunately if its the same thing. Seems to be happening less frequently for me now than it was though.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I will be, no doubt - got a 200% boost to waste!

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Had a look at our battle reports from last night!! You were scoring well. Just a shame in that last game we lost although we did turn it round to the end. Annoying not having a headset!! Desperately need to find it. Otherwise we'll just have to communicate through jumps haha.

On a side note - you revived me about 30 times but either charge the paddles or chuck down a medkit for more points. A full revive is worth 100 whereas a quick on is only 20.

White APE
Discovered a spawn glitch just now. Kept spawning under the map in gulf of Oman. Had to swim under the map out to sea and the. Back again to get ontop.

dery9yqa.jpg

gyduhuna.jpg

benagare.jpg

uvuqynad.jpg

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Happens sometimes on the 360 too - think it's just the game crashing unfortunately if its the same thing. Seems to be happening less frequently for me now than it was though.

Is doing it again tonight. The worst thing about it is once you try and restart the game, it automatically tried to put you into the same server so it just crashes again. I don't know a single line of code, but I could probably write a better f**king game than EA can. Useless mongs.

Mito Sportiva 135
Is doing it again tonight. The worst thing about it is once you try and restart the game, it automatically tried to put you into the same server so it just crashes again. I don't know a single line of code, but I could probably write a better f**king game than EA can. Useless mongs.

Dice you mean mate... :) The issue is EA obviously put pressure on them to have the game ready for the next gen launch but obviously wasn't ready. They probably assumed any bugs could be ironed out easily via patches but turns out its been tricky. Kind of shot themselves in the foot a bit though, as a result of their greed I imagine a lot of people have been put off.

For 360 the game runs OK now just the occasional crash but nothing too serious - but it has taken several months to get to this point!

Clio 172
Who ever decided carrier assault was a good idea with only two mcom's needs shooting. Awful game mode and any comparison with BF2142 is laughable.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Meanwhile, I just smashed the case for this game in a childish rage. It continually crashes whilst trying to join games. When I do get into a game, I clip about over terrain, until some spotty 15 year old shoots me from somewhere that my screen shows as having nobody there. I'm in a f**king foul mood today already, and this game has done me no favours :(

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I could be up for a few games now if anyone wants to join. If the new stuff is w**k ill just play the std map pack that'll do for me. Just want a few good games with nee s**t