ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery removal

Clio 182
New to the forum and have a quick question regarding battery replacement. I have an '05 182, and went to change the battery this morning anticipating a 5 minute job. There appears to be a brace over the top left of the battery that prevents the battery coming out. It's held in place by a couple of Torx (I think) screws, but the access is reallly tight, and I've just stripped one. Any advice? Is it possible to remove the battery without removing the brace first, or will I now have to drill the screw out? Am I missing something?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't remove any brace bit think I know what you mean.

Just undo the bolt holding the battery down at the bottom on the fuse box side and then pull the battery towards the front and up and it should just come out

Clio 182
Thanks. After you confirmed it could be done without removing the brace I managed to get it out, bit tight, but taking the fuse box lid off gave just enough room.

I'm in the same position (also '05 182) and don't have the right tools to easily remove that brace.

Mine's all standard. Do I need to remove the air feed/plastic trumpet from the side of the air box to allow me to pull the battery far enough forward (or is there some other knack)?
If so, is there a right way to disconnect so I don't bust off any lugs or crush anything? (Spot the Japanese bike owner with bitter memories)

Thanks

It should just be a bolt on the right hand side of the battery holding down a clamp to hold it in place. Undo that and the battery slides forward and up. Theres little grooves in the battery cage for the battery to slide back into iirc

Yeah that bolt's out but there's bugger all room for sliding the battery forward. Either that air feed/trumpet needs to moved out of the way (safely) or there's some other knack to it.