ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Relocation

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm about to upgrade my air filter/feed. I'm looking at either a 45 deg pipe of straight onto the TB, so I want to move the battery to either the boot, or under the passenger seat.

I'd prefer to put it under the passenger seat, but bare in mind that this is a road car mainly and is mainly used on weekends. I presume the standard battery wouldn't fit under the seat, so i'd imagine a smaller battery would be needed. Aslo, where is the best place to run the cables? Is drilling required?

Does anyone do a kit for battery relocation? Also, which battery would I have to get to fit under my recaro trendlines that would keep charge for a week at least?

Have a look on Burps project thread, somewhere relatively near the end he shows a smaller 'sports' battery that he puts under the seat.
May help you a bit :)

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Remember, that small sport battery is mainly just for starting a car. Someone here tested this setup and it turned out in normal car it lasted about a year :/ And if You use the car only on weekends it may not even last a year. Not a good deal for that price.
Do a search, info is here somewhere.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wouldnt bother with a 45 degree, just go right on the tb like bens and lay the ECU down, winnar :)

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
How come you don't want it in the boot? Wouldn't that be preferable for access etc? and enable you to use the existing one?