ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Isolator Fitting

I bought a bog standard cheap battery isolator cut off. It hasn't arrived yet but does anyone know of a guide of the best route for the cables and T pull and how to mount the external pull and avoiding the wiper mechanism (other than going single wiper)? A
So the wiring colours and best snip location for the ignition and alternator etc?
Thanks.

If it's a proper kill switch you should find this useful;-

020_011.jpg

Yes that's the one. I just need to find out the best place to cut into the wires for the ignition then I guess. Will putting the ignition feed from the original key switch ignition barrel suffice?

Perfect. That's easy enough then. I was thinking I might have to find the live to the coil and bring that through the bulkhead and connect that up to the switch and the ignition live to the other.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i have fitted mine below the air con unit. i made a plate and bolted that in to fix the switch to.
i used the space where the radio went to fit the extinguisher pull and the rain light switch.